It’s been awhile. Let me riot about the new My Little Ponies

by statia on May 24, 2012

Hi.  Yes.  I neglected this space.  Like, you care that my life got so busy.  But you know, end of the school year.  Soccer, swimming, play dates.  Being outside.  All of that same nonsense that everyone has going on.  Also?  PRESCHOOL GRADUATION.  Like, dudes, I think a graduation for 5-year-olds is a bit ridiculous, but you won’t see anyone more proud to watch the little ceremony.  But I will officially have a kindergartener.  Do you realize that this blog is ten years old?  It’s OLDER than my kids.  Combined.

Anyway.  Let’s talk about My Little Ponies.  I loved the MLP’s when I was a kid.  And my 1980′s heart has a beef with the new ones.  So here you go.  I call this, “Fuckin’ Ponies.”

Christie May 24, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Thank you! Love the rant about the ponies. I think I actually need to go on ebay and order some for Noelle right now. I never noticed how much smaller they have gotten.

statia May 24, 2012 at 3:02 pm

It’s ridiculous. They’re microscopic compared to the older ponies. Also? Pinkie Pie? Is she not the craziest fucking thing this side of Canterlot?

Starle May 28, 2012 at 11:14 am

I knew what you were going to say before you said it! My daughter has Littlest Pet Shops that are down right whores. Do you know what kids do with them? They act out scenes and put them on youtube. No shit. type in LPS and there are thousands! EEEEEKKKK!

statia May 28, 2012 at 7:40 pm

You know you’re getting old when you don’t even want to look stuff like that up, because you think that youth is getting too old too quickly. However, I do distinctly remember when I was a kid, how dirty my barbies were. They were whores.

Starle May 30, 2012 at 7:18 am

I know. I do. My barbie swim house with changing room had a warning on it. I always wondered what i was supposed to be warned about. here is a link to the LPS new The Queen video. We are having the Jubilee you know. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY00AxoIqQ4
i PROMISE there is nothing in this that is scary. (really)
Unless you count playing with toys and putting it on youtbue scary.
PS
I think i have found a little pony that is smaller and….worse. stick to the ponies however bad. LPS is worse!

Betsy May 30, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Finally got a chance to watch this without my kid hanging on my knee.
I had Apple Jack as a kid! She was my FAVORITE pony. I may have squealed a little when you held her up.

Do you remember the “designer” ponies from the late 80s? They were very tall and thin with long legs and super long, crimped hair. I had one. She was so much taller than the others that I made her the “Mom” pony in my little pony families. Also, her hair didn’t hold that crimp and went all to frizz.

I hate the new ponies! HATE. I’m actually glad at the moment that I don’t have a daughter, just so that I don’t have to stare at them in my own home. *humph*

statia June 3, 2012 at 3:45 pm

I totally remember them!!! I refused to get into them, and at that point, I was starting to outgrow ponies anyway, so it wasn’t that hard. And now, I have THREE Princess Celestia ponies (the new reign of the pony kingdom), and she’s tall and slender. And she looks like a whore. But a NICE whore. Still. Whore.