Like a ballerina, except with a trucker’s mouth and five o’clock shadow.

by statia on June 16, 2010

While the BFF and I (because you know, I’m actually 12 and I have to use the term BFF) were letting the kids play outside, I was pushing her friend’s daughter on the swing.   A little girl, a month older than LG, and yet, a whole whopping 8 pounds lighter than her.   She was this dainty little thing.  When I picked her up, I felt as if I might toss her up to Mars.  I could carry her around for days on end.

I made a comment about how delicate she was, compared to my own daughter:

“You know, this is what I pictured when I found out I was having a girl.  This dainty, delicate little thing, with little wrists and ankles.  Instead, I gave birth to a linebacker.”

And she laughed, because it’s true.  At 13 months, my 25½ pound “Little Girl” is only 2 pounds lighter than her 18 month old son.   Now, don’t get me wrong.   I’m more than OK with the size of my kids.   I give birth to beefy kids.  I love the rolls and delicious meaty chubby legs.  That’s the way babies are supposed to be.    But sometimes, I look at my bruteish baby girl, who is fitting into 24 month clothing, and wish that I could see her wrists without having to pull back the fat folds.

Erin June 16, 2010 at 10:01 pm

They all even out eventually! So cute. C & C are delicate now but I doubt they’ll stay that way.

jesser June 16, 2010 at 10:32 pm

I have one of each … peanut and chunky monkey. They’re both as cute as they can be. And they now pretty much wear the same size, so that’s convenient. ;)

donna June 16, 2010 at 11:01 pm

Ha! I can’t believe LG is 25 pounds. Bridget is three and a half and weighs 28 pounds.

becky June 16, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Dude, you know I’ve talked about how huge my son is. I totally get it. BTW, he’s at 40 lbs and was 37 in the last we measured. Probably 38 or more at this point (he’s been getting ready for a growth spurt, I think).

Chris June 17, 2010 at 9:11 am

You know, Mia was like that too. Looking back at old pictures, she looks huge. Her chub rolls had rolls of they’re own. But they reach a point when they just shoot up. Now she’s this long, tall skinny little girl. It’s amazing to watch.

Tommie June 17, 2010 at 1:45 pm

My three and a half year old is one of those dainty little things. She just broke 30 pounds and is still a delicate flower. Of course, having universal low muscle tone tends to make one more delicate than others. :-) I love a little chub on babies/toddlers.

PS My daughter eats like a linebacker. She only stops when you stop putting food in front of her. Our geneticist said that people with her syndrome typical have very high metabolisms, which is good because that can combat the fat genes I passed on to her.

Jillian June 17, 2010 at 10:03 pm

I have a little pixie in my house. It’s my son. He’s closing in on 3 and weighs 27 pounds. His 8-month-old brother is just a little more than 5 pounds behind him.

Tracy June 17, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Don’t worry too much – my cousin’s little girl was literally THE MICHELIN MAN baby. ROLL after ROLL after ROLL on her arms, stomach, and thighs when she was little. Now she’s….well, Ok, she’s thin…but the child is a TRUCK. Nothing gets in her way! LOL

I have the opposite. Chloe is 15 months tomorrow, and is barely 22 lbs, but is WAY tall. So she has to wear 18-24 month clothes, but not with pants, because all the pants that are long enough are HUGE in the waist! Very frustrating, and I am going to have to take up some sort of sewing so I can take all her pants in. (How this is MY child, I don’t know!)