Clearly my microwave is smarter than me.

by statia on June 21, 2010

Here’s a little interesting random bit of information about me:  I like my popcorn slightly burnt.  Not charred, or where you burn it so badly that your whole house smells like popcorn on fire for the next year and a half.  No, just a little brown.  I know, I’m weird.  Don’t act like this is a big surprise to any of you.

So, I jumped on the Weight Watchers bandwagon.  Is it me, or is Weight Watchers making another big comeback?  No?  Maybe it’s just because my inner circle of friends are a bunch of women who have given birth twice in two years.  We all feel a little…er flabbier than usual.    I had done well hitting my pre LG weight, but I still had that extra 20 pounds from the Mini that I just never got around to losing.   Part of that was the “well, maybe there’s a small chance we’ll have another one.”  Ever hopeful, I kept it in the back of my mind and figured I’d breed and then worry about the weight.  Now was that time.   I was pretty damn cranky for the first week, and every day, I dreamed of cupcakes and creamed shrimp, but I resisted, and ate a salad instead and I’m already down 6 pounds, thank you.

On top of Weight Watchers making a big comeback, popcorn seems to be the popular snack, because you can eat a metric shitload of it.   It’s not a cupcake, but at least I’m not hungry.   Long story long, I eat popcorn nightly now, so I’m not walking around aimlessly, lifting up the couch cushions for leftover cheerios or m&m’s (which for the record, never go bad).   The problem is, my microwave refuses to burn my popcorn.  I’ve adjusted the time by two to five seconds every night, and it comes out perfectly popped every time.  2 minutes, 5 minutes, there is no job too small for super microwave.  I laugh in the face of your stupid microwave popcorn.

Asshole microwave.

Veronica June 21, 2010 at 11:31 pm

I think your microwave just likes to fuck with you. I wish you’d had mine, it burnt the popcorn every. single. time. No matter what.

Betty M June 22, 2010 at 1:58 am

I never really understood microwave popcorn given it is dead easy in a pan particularly to burn it!!

jesser June 22, 2010 at 7:44 am

See to most people, that’s a GOOD thing. ;) You could always just put it on the stove. We’ve burnt a lot that way, but probably too burnt. BTW … did you send me those 6 lbs? Because my ass ain’t budging even tho I’m running like 20 miles a week.

Mamma Pants June 22, 2010 at 9:41 am

I am totally laughing my ass off. (well – I wish getting this ass off was that easy) You are truly twisted. And I like that in a person.

donna June 22, 2010 at 9:41 am

I love mine slightly burnt too! We may be weird but we are weird together. have you tried it with soy sauce yet?

stacey@Havoc&Mayhem June 22, 2010 at 1:01 pm

WW is very popular around here right now, just in the past couple years. Most of my friends are 5-7 years past the last baby. I think it is making a comeback.

Katie June 22, 2010 at 2:36 pm

My mom and I have been doing WW also. I love that plan. So easy to do and can still treat yourself within points. :) :)

She’s lost 41, I’ve lost 36.

Beth June 23, 2010 at 2:00 pm

I prefer my popcorn slightly burnt as well. I leave it in there until about 15 seconds after it stops popping completely and that seems to do the trick.