Welcome to Pennsylvania.

by statia on May 27, 2010

Typical of PA weather, which is bi-polar, we’re having a heat wave.   Tomorrow it’s supposed to be in the 60′s.  This has been such a weird spring.  I fear that we’re headed for a very hot and humid summer, after such a horrific winter, which I’ve blocked out of my mind, with the help of my therapist, because after being trapped in the house with two kids, by myself for a week, I’m still not ready to talk about it.

Anyway.

It’s stifling outside, and this is one of those rare times where I’m missing California, because people, I HATE to sweat.  I am a sweater, and there’s nothing worse than sitting around dripping in your own salt.  Of course, being the perfectionist that I am, I should be proud that my body manages to not half ass the sweating.   I sweat everywhere.  Behind my knees, in the crook of my arms, behind my neck, down my back, in my ass crack, and of course, being well endowed, under my boobs.  I seriously can not think of anything more disgusting than sweating under my fun bags.  Also?  Damn you maxi dresses!!!

Tomorrow, of course, I’ll be bitching about the weather too.   Come talk to me in the winter, when I’m bitching about the sub zero temperatures.

Faith May 28, 2010 at 10:32 am

I’m wearing a maxi dress right now! :D

I’m a sweater, too. We should form a club. (One that meets over the computer, though, because a room full of sweaters? not my idea of fun.)

Lisa May 29, 2010 at 12:04 am

I found a great natural product for underboob sweat. It’s from LUSH, and is called The Greeench. It’s a powder, and the smell is a bit odd, but it works great. I use a small amount and no boob sweat, even when it was 96 degrees yesterday!

diamond dave June 1, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Try coming out to Arkansas. June has barely started and it already hit 94 today, with 98 expected this weekend. Summer in the South can be a real bitch.

statia June 1, 2010 at 9:23 pm

Ugh, Dave. I don’t even want to think about it. It just made me sweat at the thought.

Mrs.Mayhem June 1, 2010 at 10:00 pm

Ugh, the weather in Virginia has been hotter than hell, and super humid, with threatened thunderstorms, but no actual relief. I pushed my daughter in the jogging stroller for 3 miles and was literally dripping. It was disgusting.

Hopefully, the predictions will come true and you’ll have a cooler day tomorrow.

jenG June 3, 2010 at 8:48 am

Dude, I am SO in the drippy sweater club. I even sweat when I’m cold, which doesn’t seem fair. I’ve stopped trying to pretend I don’t sweat, though. It balances the physical discomfort with increased emotional comfort.

Virginia right now is indeed melty-hot. Last week, I was in Vermont during one of its heat waves–no one thinks Vermont has heat waves, being America’s Snow Playground or whatever, but it has three other seasons, and one of them is sweating season.

I also sweat under my boobs, which really seems to fuck up my heart rate monitor when I’m running.