Things other people love.

by statia on April 16, 2010

I stole this from Shelly last week sometime, who stole it from someone else and so on, and so on, and if you want to steal it, go ahead and steal it too.   I don’t get why people love these things:

1. American Idol

2. Hummers (the car variety, not the sexual act)

3. Star Wars (yeah, that one is for my husband)

4. Running

5. The Kindle

6. Country Music

7. People who put bumper stickers on their cars (WHY would you want to ruin your car with something adhesive?)

8. LOLCats

9. Lost

10. Football

11. Flying

12. The Office

13. Diet Coke (that shit will KILL you, dudes)

14. Working out

15. Cheesecake Factory (yeah, it’s not bad, but HELLO? It’s a chain.  Is it really worth camping out overnight for?)

16. Nascar

17. U2

Shelly April 16, 2010 at 2:27 pm

I totally am with you on the bumper stickers. There is someone on our way to school that still has a Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker on the car. Oops. Dude, I think all hope is lost, you need to figure out how to get that shit off.

Also with you on Diet Coke. Though I do partake in plenty of other things that will kill me (Cheetos, for example), so I realize I am a big fat hypocrite.

Jillian April 16, 2010 at 2:31 pm

People are camping out to go to Cheesecake Factory?

statia April 16, 2010 at 7:30 pm

The one at my local mall is always PACKED. No matter what time of day, people are always sitting out in the mall corridor waiting for a table. I don’t get it.

btss April 16, 2010 at 3:20 pm

I agree with you on EVERYTHING except LOLCats. But then again, I have issues.

Betty M April 16, 2010 at 4:06 pm

This list appeals to my grouchy side. I agree with almost all of yours – but i do like flying and Star Wars.

Kevin Donahue April 16, 2010 at 8:06 pm

1. Right on
2. No on A, Yes on B
3. Commie
4. RIGHT?! Get a car, people!
5. True
6. Eh
7. Amen
8. Or cats in general, for that matter
9. Whatchu talking about, Willis?!
10. OMG!!!! WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT RIGHT NOW!!!!
11. Beats running, I suppose
12. Right there with ya
13. You’re preaching to the choir. (And Coke Zero is *way* better!)
14. For REALZ
15. Ugh… don’t get me started
16. Shut… up… you…
17. 90s U2 – awesome. These days… eh.

Good list (except where you’re wrong) :)

Beth April 16, 2010 at 8:18 pm

I did not see the appeal of the Kindle at all. And then I was given one. I faked it for a while, and now I’m addicted. I can turn pages with my elbow while holding a squirming baby, while I eat, whatever. And there are so many free books you don’t even need to buy any. Addicted.

donna April 16, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Oh Statia. How could you belittle my beloved U2? And Diet Coke. You know, it’s funny, when I was pregnant, my SIL was also pregnant, and she was a caffeine NAZI, would not touch a bit of it, but she put artificial sweetener in everything she ate or drank that could be sweetened. I cut out Diet Coke and all artificial sweetener when I was pregnant, but I’m back on the Coke Zero now.

Shannon April 17, 2010 at 3:15 am

Old U2 = awesome. New U2 = social conscious shit.

And Diet Coke is a lifesaver. Make it a cherry one and I’ll be your bitch. The rest of your list I am in agreement with completely. Shelley had on her list cooking, coffee and wine – those are breaking up type of items for me.

mace April 18, 2010 at 2:07 am

I pretty much agree with every one except for football and the Kindle. While I don’t have a Kindle, after reading on my iPad, I would imagine reading on the Kindle would be just as awesome.

jenG April 19, 2010 at 7:18 am

I’d love to steal this and make my own list, but, um…yeah, this is kind of my list. I *like* Star Wars and I’ve gotten quite fond of running, but love?

Actually, I find my fondness for running unnerving, not unlike a relationship with a boy whose adventurous side seems intriguing right up until he tells you he likes to lick buttholes, and you think, “Hmmm, I probably should have seen that one coming.”

jesser April 19, 2010 at 8:29 am

LOL. With you on so much of this, though I can confess to liking: Running (you’re gonna hate my new website design – not up yet), The Office, Working Out. Up until last week I also drank diet coke, but I knew how terrible it was for me and I wanted to stop. I can’t say I ever LOVED it. Now Cherry Coke Zero? LOVE. Ha.

PS I might also have to nick this excellent post idea. ;)

{ 1 trackback }