One meeeellion dollars

by statia on January 3, 2010

So, three days into the new year and I’m already slacking on this whole “take over the world” thing.   I’m glad it wasn’t a resolution.  Lets me off the hook easily.  PHEW!

I have a really good excuse, though.  You see, on New Years Eve, I went to the airport to pick up @bitca (or, Bitca) who I have not seen in FIVE YEARS.  We had a weekend planned of drinking and taking pictures.  Not necessarily at the same time.   Thank god, because that woman will put anything flickr.  The weekend seemed to zip by in a flash as we went out yesterday to take some pictures, I started getting that funk.  Not so much that the holidays are over, because I’m sort of glad they are over.  But that “back to the grind” funk after having 10 glorious “days off.”

Today, we’re all in the process of detoxing from the Meester’s cooking.   He’s made a habit impressing my friends so much that no one believes me now when I actually DO cook or bake something.   I mean, who can compete with BACON SUSHI?  You can’t.  It’s bacon.  And sushi.  Together.

I have the distinct smell of poop on me somewhere.  I’m pretty sure it’s not mine.

Faith January 4, 2010 at 11:54 am

Ok, do you have pictures of this bacon sushi? Because that’s something I’m not sure about, and I think that pictures might help me decide where I stand on it. It combines two things I love, so I’m leaning toward wanting to try it, but I’m not sure how to try it, without a visual guide. Help a sista out.

statia January 5, 2010 at 10:31 am

Oh man. I DON’T have a picture of it, but believe me when I tell you. It is GOOOOOOOOOOOOD. It’s just your standard sushi roll with bacon in the middle. I’m not sure if the hubs put anything else in it along with it. I’m guessing not.

It’s decadent.

Beth January 4, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Bacon sushi?!?! Recipe please. I need to recreate this as soon as possible.

bitca January 4, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Bacon sushi is the BEST THING EVAR!! I can’t believe I didn’t put it on Flickr.

Tracy January 4, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Strangely enough, spam sushi is pretty damn good too. Who would have thought.

Faith January 5, 2010 at 10:20 am

Ok, NO Tracy. No. Noooooo.

Tracy January 6, 2010 at 11:07 am

It is GOOD! Good, I tell you! You slice up the spam, marinate it in soy sauce and sesame oil, fry it up, then make a regular roll with cream cheese and if you want, scallions. It’s pretty damn awesome!

(Also, it’s a Hawaiian thing.)