I live a sheltered life.

by statia on January 17, 2010

So I mentioned in passing,  that my sister was getting married and moving to Japan.  Her husband already lives over there via the military, so he’s obviously familiar with the area already.  My sister has never lived anywhere but with my parents, so this will be an adjustment for her.  She’s trying to play it all cool, but I know it’s bothering her.  I’ve done the 3,000 mile move.  It’s an adjustment.

Last night we took her out to see her and her husband before they leave.  It’s always interesting to talk to her husband, whose traveled quite a bit for the military, including a couple of tours in Iraq.   We’re like a bunch of slack jawed yokels asking him questions about Japanese culture, among other things.   But seriously, having lived in California, which is like, the second Asia, in my mind, I’m somewhat familiar with Asian culture.  Not an expert, by no means, as was discovered by hearing about   popular Asian CGI show.

The show?

CAT.SHIT.ONE.  I kid you not.   And as if the title wasn’t bad enough, it’s a show about military BUNNIES, going around obliterating camels.   Life like bunnies running around with semi-automatic weapons and desert gear.

There are no words.

And I thought their Kit Kat flavors were weird.

Shelly January 17, 2010 at 10:45 pm

WTF?

statia January 17, 2010 at 10:54 pm

I KNOW. Seriously. I watched the trailer and I was flabbergasted. And Flummoxed. WHY?

jesser January 17, 2010 at 11:05 pm

Ahhh… I seriously ♥ Japan. I want to go there some day just to photograph their vending machines.

Amy January 18, 2010 at 8:56 am

Wow – from your parents’ house to Japan. Talk about going from 0-60 in 2 seconds flat. When I left my parents’ house, we moved to South Dakota. That was difficult, but at least we were in the same country. When we moved to Turkey next, it was… hard. Major culture shock. This will be good for your sister, though – exploring the world is a wonderful thing. I hope she enjoys her time there.

pixielation January 19, 2010 at 4:56 pm

I travelled around japan for 3 short weeks in 1996. Their vending machines rocked! I could get hot coffee in a CAN on the side of the road in downtown suburbia.

And as an aside… the iced coffee in the same vending machine is really just the hot coffee… cold. Not really iced coffee, that’s a whole different thing. Cold coffee is just cold coffee.

TV is a weird thing in Japan though. Scarily weird.

Shannon January 20, 2010 at 1:32 pm

You need to know about Japan and you turn to your sister? WTF, dude, here I thought I was your only Oriental source!

Kate January 21, 2010 at 1:32 am

I wonder what the Japanese would think about The Jersey Shore, though.

{ 1 trackback }