7 years.

by statia on July 18, 2009

July 3rd?  Really?

I’ve opened this space so many times to fill in the large gap in posting, but I just couldn’t really come up with anything that wasn’t a. a baby update, or b. another update on the Mini’s speech delay (getting better, but it’s still painfully slow).    I was going to post something about Mini-isms, and all the cute things he says (like, how he calls his friend at school Potato, because he has a hard time saying Matteo.  Or how he says skebadee for spaghetti), so that I can look back on it later and laugh.   But it just wasn’t flowing and it sounded painfully boring.

Then I realized, oh, hey, I’ve been blogging for seven years.  SEVEN YEARS! I can’t believe that I’ve kept at something this long.  Normally, I fail epically at something of this nature, especially “journal writing”, because usually what I write sounds completely retarded and I end up burning the journal.   Since I can’t set the internet on fire, and everything is indexed, I’m painfully aware just how stupid a lot of this stuff really is.  And now I can cherish it always.   This blog has been so many things.  I’ve never felt I’ve fit into one genre of writing.   I’ve been the single girl.  The married girl, the career girl, the infertility girl, and now the mommy blogger.  I’ve made lots of friends from this blog.  Lost friends.  Gotten friends back, made enemies.

I’m  not really quitting, because for some stupid reason, this thing has become a part of my life and I can’t quit.  I don’t have a lot to say right now.  Not sure if this is me taking a break or not.  This is me saying, I don’t know what the hell I’m doing with this space right now.

Siera July 18, 2009 at 2:00 pm

Congrats on the 7 year blogaversary! After I had my son I didn’t feel like blogging much for the longest time. I think the PPD had something to do with it. It changed eventually, but I am a horrible blogger.

DD July 18, 2009 at 4:17 pm

Do you constantly have blog posts running in your head?

Do you think to yourself, “Can I blog this?”

The nice thing about having a blog is that you don’t have to worry about it being swept up in a tornado or a flood or tearing the pages out of it for toilet paper. It sits and wait for you.

That’s what I’ll do, too.

MsPrufrock July 18, 2009 at 9:26 pm

7 years? Wow. I’m glad I came along however many years ago, because I kind of sort of love you, even if I’m afraid to meet you.

Carry on. Whenever, about whatever.

Lisa July 18, 2009 at 11:16 pm

Woo! I forgot that you started around the same time as I did. =)

Staz July 19, 2009 at 7:57 am

I started about a year after you and I think I’m just now running out of things to say. But I definitely second what DD said. It will wait for you.

Faith July 20, 2009 at 12:30 pm

I, for one, look forward to updates regardless of what they’re about, how long they are, or when they happen. So you are staying on my blogroll, and that’s final!

And it’s so cute that Mini calls his friend Potato! Any stories are good stories, srsly. You can think they’re boring all you wanna, but I never feel that way about them.

Tonya July 20, 2009 at 10:40 pm

I totally get what you’re saying, my blog is seriously neglected, too. And I’ll be here to read whatever you’ve got to say, whenever you feel like writing about it.

Betty M July 21, 2009 at 2:13 pm

7 years is very impressive! Congratulations.