Not the form I wanted fee time in.

by statia on April 17, 2009

So that cough?   The cough won.

Last night, as we were about halfway through Milk, I was coming back from one of my many bathroom trips, which caused yet another coughing spasm.   The middle of my back is already pretty sore from coughing so hard for the last five days, and my left side had finally had it and I proceeded to hear this loud SNAP.

Long story short, moving is now a challenge, a trip to the ER, including a wild trip to L&D (because walk into the ER visibly pregnant and it’s like a scene from a movie, complete with wheelchair and you screaming to be heard), chest x-rays, nebulizers, inhalers, some crappy liquid type of vicodin, and I’m now bed ridden.

I’m officially over this pregnancy.

M@ April 17, 2009 at 9:57 am

Nay cracked a couple ribs a few months back from the stupid cough that is going around.

Siera April 17, 2009 at 10:01 am

I’m still coming around – when my boy permits it. (When he’s not banging on the keyboard or screaming at me when I won’t let him.) I Hope you feel better soon and that Fetus 2.0 arrives soon to relieve you of your discomfort.

PS – I love hearing about crazy stories to L&D.

Steph April 17, 2009 at 10:54 am

Oh, no, Stace! That sucks. I hope you feel better soon, I know you still have a few weeks left to go.

Shannon April 17, 2009 at 11:45 am

Can they take him/her out sooner? Will that help?

If they won’t, you want some numbers to some dodgy doctors happy to comply with patient wishes for a little extra dough?

jesser April 17, 2009 at 7:05 pm

Ugh. That’s awful. Bedrest sounds great … except that you can’t actually ENJOY it this pregnant. Hope you have people waiting on you hand and foot. Hang in there.

Donna April 18, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Oh no! I feel your pain, literally. How much longer?

Camille April 18, 2009 at 9:13 pm

Oh that stinks! Hope you feel better soon.

Flicka April 18, 2009 at 9:26 pm

Owwww!! That sucks. I hope you feel better soon. You can torture this kid extra hard during his/her teens for this.

Betty M April 19, 2009 at 4:26 am

Definitely sucks. Sorry.

Talulah April 19, 2009 at 3:48 pm

L&D looked just like LSD to me. I was thinking “Gee, when did that get approved for treating a cough?”

PiquantMolly April 20, 2009 at 8:24 pm

I DON’T KNOW HOW I DIDN’T EVER CHANGE MY BLOGLINES LINK TO THIS BLOG. I am hideously embarrassed. I wondered why you hadn’t posted forever. Sigh.

Please don’t sit on me.

motel manager April 20, 2009 at 10:44 pm

I can’t remember if I blogged about it, but I had a cough for 9+ weeks and cracked a rib while pregnant this last time. Actually, I’m sure I blogged about it because it was a medical complaint, and that’s all I blog about. Anyway, I really resented the fact that they’d made me tough it out instead of letting me have like just one or two blissful days high on some drug that would have kept me from coughing. That damned rib hurt until I delivered. I kept coughing until about a week after delivery, too. Lovely on a c-section incision. Hope you fare better!

Tracy April 21, 2009 at 3:18 pm

You know, I was DONE with being pregnant too. Now I miss it. I could actually get SOME sleep back then. Not for long, and my hips were killing me, but it was sleep.

Now? An infant screams me awake every 1.5 to 2 hours.