In lieu of a real post, here are just a few things that are swishing around in my brain cavity right now:
- I’ve figured out the key to a really long nap: Plans. The more important or dire they are, the longer the nap will be. Thus ensuring you’ll never meet up with your friends, or leave the house. Ever.
- The Mini has been a real charmer today. At the grocery store, he looked at me and said “ah coot,” to which I answered “yes, baby, you ARE cute.” The cashiers thought this was hysterical and made him say it over and over again. Then I told him to say “HEYYYYY BEBEH!” They loved that even more. While at a friends house earlier, her daughter came up to give the Mini a kiss, which he kind of looked at me wearily, as if to say “wtf MA?” After she was done, he wiped his mouth with a look of disgust on his face. Girls are apparently gross already. But we were dying.
- I have to pee, but I’m too lazy to get up.
- I have to shower. See above.
- Fetus v. 2.0 (who I might rename The tenant, because let’s face it, he/she is just a temporary leasee) is already giving me major flack. I woke up in pain the other night, enough to warrant a call to the doctor. Took some tums and tylenol, went back to sleep. Still felt weird in the morning, so I went in. Everything is fine and the minute I left, any weird pains or pressure instantly went away. My kids live to bust my balls. I don’t even want to know what it’ll be like when they’re together.
- I should probably wrangle the Mini from his crib, after such a short nap. Mental note: make big plans tomorrow.