The Mind Boggles….

by statia on November 19, 2008

I was lucky the last time I was pregnant to not have a single cold, despite the fact that the Meester had about 77 colds during my gestational period.

Of course this time I had two in a month.  And of course having a cold when you can’t medicate yourself to your eyeballs, really fucking sucks.  There’s just no better way to put it.   I was researching whether or not it was safe to eat mentholated cough drops (everything I’ve read has been inconclusive), but while in my travels, I came across this link.

I can’t believe that there are people out there who are that stupid.  And that’s putting it nicely.

Helen November 19, 2008 at 7:33 pm

Please – the user is “Damn Babe You Is Sexy” spelled all 7 levels of incorrectly. I’m surprised she made it this far in life.

jesser November 19, 2008 at 8:03 pm

And here we are worrying about some deli turkey and hot baths. Smoke if you got ‘em!

dotty November 19, 2008 at 11:03 pm

Jesus effing Christ. I hope that isn’t real.

Donna November 20, 2008 at 6:51 am

People ARE that stupid, and unfortunately they have babies every single fucking day. Me, bitter much? Nooooooooo.

Anita November 20, 2008 at 12:34 pm

So drinking peppermint schnapps it out too huh?

motel manager November 20, 2008 at 8:01 pm

I was never ill with S. — and now I have had a zillion intestinal illnesses, one cold, and two coughs. I’ve gotten some from S., who seems to recover quite rapidly, and then I remain ill for weeks. Along with the vicious heartburn/reflux and excessive peeing this time around, I am foolishly actually looking forward to the post-delivery days. I am 100% sure I will rue saying that.

Hope you feel better!

royann November 21, 2008 at 1:33 pm

My only tip for the cold while pregnant are shower soothers. They are big tablets you put on the shower floor when you shower and they are mentholated, It was the lifesaver for the 2 colds I battled while pregnant.