Insert bad Sally Field quote here.

by statia on October 13, 2008

Well, slap my ass and call me Sally.   Who knew there were that many people out there reading?   I bet like, one or two of you, at most.

I go through phases, where I feel like I’m on my game.  I’m funny dammit.  And I have a lot to say.   You’d think that having a toddler would be good blog fodder.  Because they do funny things.  Like push you off the toilet so that they can flush and watch it go down.  Or jab their fingers in your ear holes because making your ear drums bleed is great fun!

But instead, I find that most of the day goes by in this hazy blur and that I don’t have the mental energy to remember much of anything, let alone try to cohesively blog about it.

I feel as if there’s always something to worry about with being a parent.  The Mini is doing well, and I can’t put that aside.  But there’s always something else that seems to pop up that leaves me unable to breathe properly.   There are days where I think “He’s going to be just fine” and other days, I feel this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach and I wonder if I’ll ever look back on this time with anything other than darkness. And that bothers me because I don’t want to look back on this time and feel like it was tainted.  Although, I can say truly, that when we started this whole ordeal, he is not even the same child.  And I am very grateful for that.

I have to ask though, do “normal” kids eye up their finger and the dog’s butthole and think “hey, that’s a perfect fit!”  I’d like to think yes.

No dogs buttholes or children’s fingers were harmed in the making of this post.

ewe_are_here October 13, 2008 at 8:24 pm

I’m constantly amazed (and a little scared, sometimes) at what seems to go on in ‘normal’ childrens’ heads, including my own.

Poor dog… he better keep a wary eye out. heh heh

Philly Mama October 14, 2008 at 3:45 pm

My kid is younger than Mini but just recently, the game of “Can you point to Mama’s nose?” has turned into him becoming fascinated with trying to pick my nose. And having a meltdown when I don’t allow him to continue. Go figure. Kids are weird.

aj October 14, 2008 at 11:05 pm

oh, you know i’ve started to write you so many times in the last few months to tell you that i think it’s way too soon to worry about your son being ”behind.” from everything you write, he seems like a joy. he’s active and talking. what am i missing? i’ve always stopped myself, however, because i figure moms know best. if you sense something is wrong, maybe it is. but i too hate to think you’ll look back on this time with any darkness. try to just enjoy this time with him!

Mina October 15, 2008 at 12:45 pm

My son already seems to have this foot/leg fettish. He has this need to lick whatever part of my foot/leg he can get a hold of.

electriclady October 16, 2008 at 8:48 pm

Way normal. Unfortunately.

(PS Would have commented on the previous post but Bloglines sucks balls right now and only likes to show me new feeds every three or four days.)

DD October 16, 2008 at 9:38 pm

See?! It wasn’t just me and bloglines not sharing the love. Your Sunday post just showed as new today.

Better late than never, but hell even I will read about dog buttholes and the fingers that go there, and sometimes I’ll even comment about it.

Tonya October 29, 2008 at 4:45 am

Umm, I don’t know how far the Mini got, but this weekend, I actually had to rush Charming Boy to the sink to wash his hands for actually completing the act you hint at. I guess it doesn’t help that our dog is a breed with a cropped tail (Mini Schanuzer)… too tempting and at just the right height?
EEEEWWW!

It all goes along with our established “boy” theory of ‘I have something and I need to poke it.’