Oh, look, it’s another “let’s gush about her kid,” posts.

by statia on September 12, 2008

I’m sure if you were to hit the category “Mini Me-ester” in the sidebar, it’d only be about oh, EVERY POST in the last year and half that you’d pull up.

In the last few weeks, we’ve had more pointing, but really, I’d say in the last week, it’s really taken off.  This has been a huge relief to me, because pointing is such a huge deal milestone.  Along with the pointing, everything is “DAT.”  As in “give me that object, NOW, woman! No, wait, I want that object instead.”  Or he brings us “DAT” in order for us to do something with it.  If it’s a snack, we must obey and make the snack accessible.  The demanding times are awesome.  The tantrums that ensue as a result of him not always getting his way are even more awesome.  Really, I’m just happy that he’s communicating.

Another one of his new things is checking under everyone’s clothes for tattoos.  He is fascinated by the Meester’s tattoos. If you ask him where someone’s tattoo is, he’ll lift up their sleeves to see.   He discovered the Meester’s tattoos on his hips and tried to lift both his Speech and Occupational therapists shirts when they arrived today.  While it’s really cute when he does it to us, others find it a little mortifying, and of course knowing how weird we are, they immediately look at us with the inexplicable “what is WRONG with you” look.

So if you ever stop by, just life your shirt and get it over with.

donna September 12, 2008 at 3:58 am

Yeah, Bridget strangely knows the word tattoo and I’m not sure how. She’s only seen mine and her uncle’s. But she’ll try to pull my pants down to see mine (it’s on my hip). I’m just waiting for her to do it to company.

Shanna September 12, 2008 at 11:28 am

I’ll lift my shirt for you anytime, babe.

Dotty September 12, 2008 at 12:04 pm

That’s awesome – go Mini! My daughter likes to show her belly constantly. Then to show ours off when we have guests. That’s especially nice.

geeky September 12, 2008 at 1:34 pm

I’d let the mini check out my tattoos. But if he ever honked my boob, like one kid that I babysat for once, I would definitely NOT be OK with that.

huy September 12, 2008 at 3:00 pm

Our son wasn’t interested in my tattoo, but our daughter is fascinated. She also likes to come over and lift my shirt and stick her finger in my belly button. I’m not sure what that’s about.

Oh, and she also lifts my shirt to give me a “zerbert.” Our son never did that until he was ~3 or 4.

jesser September 12, 2008 at 3:24 pm

Dummy here forgot you’d changed your domain.
We like to ask Tabby where her BeeBo is so she’ll lift up her shirt and go “There it is.” Especially hilarious when she has a dress on. My sister says she’ll be “that kid.” Y’know, the one with her dress over her head at every party.

Fawn September 12, 2008 at 7:24 pm

I do tattoos and I also work nights so I tend to be dozing during the day,on the couch,whenever I get a chance. My 3 yr old son waits until I’m mostly out and asks me if he can give me a tattoo. I wake up with purple marker lines from my hips to my ankles.

Lenni September 17, 2008 at 2:16 am

Duly noted. And actually, I don’t blame him – some people you just want to see whats under their shirt.