REJOICE!

by statia on May 15, 2008

Are you freaking KIDDING ME?!?

I wonder if they’ll have a “sad, bitter infertiles day.” Free five gallon buckets with the purchase of stims.

Dotty May 15, 2008 at 8:04 pm

That’s interesting. I thought you weren’t supposed to eat soft serve ice cream when you were pregnant? That pesky listeria could be lingering in the soft serve machines. Way to go, Baskin Robbins!

Merrin May 16, 2008 at 5:35 am

Hmmmmm. I wonder if this includes adoptive moms….

shanna May 16, 2008 at 5:40 am

Merrin, I was about to post the same thing. Can you bring “pending adoption” papers?

Maybe infertiles who show up with proper documentation (or enough belly bruises) get a three-scoop hot fudge sundae. because, really, would a soft-serve cone be enough for you?

geeky May 16, 2008 at 6:15 am

This just makes me groan and roll my eyes.

donna May 16, 2008 at 6:53 am

Who on earth thought that this would be a good idea??

Susanne May 16, 2008 at 8:59 am

Even though I had my baby 11+ months ago and don’t plan to have any more, I still could pass for having a bump. Think I could get the free ice cream?

Karen May 16, 2008 at 9:21 am

I don’t know why this bugged me so much. I told a few people this mornin and a friend called.

“Sheri” (she wouldn’t give moreidentification than that) in “Dunkin Brands Consumer Care” told me that anyone who goes in and asks for a free cone should not be denied one.

Doesn’t change the fact that this promotion is insulting to men and women who cannot conceive, have chosen to not have children, or adopt.

I think I’ll stick with Cold Stone.

I invite people to call – 800-859-5339

Deltus May 16, 2008 at 10:14 am

Just go in and tell them you’re pregnant, and give you your free cone. And I mean everyone. Pregnant women, not pregnant women, men, young, old, everyone.

Faith May 16, 2008 at 11:16 am

That’s sickening. Seriously, WHY would they think this would be a good marketing idea? Besides, we drove past one a couple of weeks ago, and it had a line out the door…clearly they were giving shit away then, too. Don’t they want to make money anymore? Dumb, dumb, dumb…

amy t. May 16, 2008 at 11:54 am

Dude. I don’t have a baby in my bump, just lots of cookies and such, but I bet I can fool them. Should I weasel a free ice cream out of them as a way of sticking it to The Man for this ridiculous day of celebration? I mean… shouldn’t mom’s-to-be have been celebrating on… MOTHER’S DAY?

Jenn May 16, 2008 at 12:28 pm

I think I just threw up a little.

Motel Manager May 16, 2008 at 6:49 pm

Whoever comes up with something for infertiles – like you could show up with 57 snowy white pee sticks and maybe some snapshots of crappy-looking embryos – is a genius and will have my loyalty and patronage forever.

Dooneybug May 16, 2008 at 7:06 pm

Yeah, I’m with Susanne. I could totally pass for at least 4 months along.

dunebuggy May 20, 2008 at 6:32 am

I’m going to bring my Ovidrel syringe and ask them for a shake and drink out of the syringe.