Brain dump 08

by statia on March 18, 2008

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve opened up an entry only to look at it for five minutes and say “fuck it” and promptly close it again and start surfing for new accessories for my new pretty. Which I’m not allowed to be buying. It’s probably for the best, because I’m largely intimidated by the pretty.

I’m largely intimidated by life in general these days.

Instead of boring you with the random stuff my son does now, which I’m sure is only cute and funny to me, I will instead leave you with the list of songs that I’ve had stuck in my head over the past week:

- A Pirate Says Arrr – The Backyardigans
- Shake your Sillies out – The Wiggles
- The Window – Trout Fishing in America
- Clumsy – Fergie
- The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Notice a theme here? Yeah, I’ve been infected by children’s songs. Save for the stupid Fergie song which is a horrible ear worm, and a lesson to me never to change the station off of XPN ever again. The rest of the songs that are stuck in my head, I’m blaming Buzz and Pat for.

“If you wanna be a pirate get up on your feet……”

jesser March 19, 2008 at 8:07 am

Ahh… so many accessories, so little $$. My LensBaby is the current fave. Of course, it’s absolute crap for capturing the blur that is a toddler, but you can get great shots of … er… flowers and stuff. And other artistic stuff. And if they’re sleeping, it’s marvelous.

And thanks for getting “Shake the Sillies Out” stuck in my head.

Deltus March 19, 2008 at 10:33 am

The Backyardigans are evil. EVIL, I tells ya! Goddamned songs stick in your craw for hours and hours.

M@ March 19, 2008 at 11:09 am

Is the Window supposed to be a kids song? I mean come on, “Old mother Hubbard went to the cupboard to get her poor doggie a bone, when she bent over the doggie took over…” Wasn’t that a Dice Clay nursery rhyme?

ginadapooh March 19, 2008 at 12:55 pm

Currently the Rescue Pack song from Go Diego Go is on my list as pure evil. Although, it’s still better than the Back Pack song from Dora.

MsPrufrock March 19, 2008 at 1:54 pm

I don’t know nothing about no stinkin’ cameras.

I’m just jealous that you and XPN reside in the same area. I listen to XPN/Y-Rock during my entire working day, pining for Pennsylvania, which is so weird I now have head cramps at the very notion.

Marni March 19, 2008 at 7:18 pm

Im so glad I found your page. I sing the Pirate song daily too! :)

Chris Cactus March 20, 2008 at 5:45 am

Just wait until you can sing every Backyardigans song straight through. My mind is now a very scary place.

becky March 20, 2008 at 6:58 am

Ohhhh what a lovely pretty it is! I plan on splurging my rebate check on a nice, shiny Nikon – I can hardly wait. Who am I not to help stimulate the economy?! At least that’s the way it goes in my head, anyway.