So I can wish you Merry Chrissth… aw forget it. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

by statia on January 1, 2008

Every year, for the last few years, I’ve done a “year in review”. An idea I stole from Pants and one that I generally like to do, but, it takes an assload of time. I was almost done too, but you know what? I can sum it up for you in pretty much a few sentences:
Had a baby, talked a lot about the baby, was busy moving, busy with home projects, busy with trying to get my sweet sweet baby to nap, failed miserably at that. Blah blah blah, year over. Thankyoug’nite. Not that it was uninteresting, just extremely repetitive.

Our New Years was fun. Went to a party, left relatively early. Woke the baby up, tossed and turned slept on an incredibly uncomfortable mattress at my parents house and then spent New Years Day dealing with a cranky teething baby who has a raging spreading fungal (caused by antibiotics) infection on his nether regions that isn’t being cleared up by the prescription the pediatrician gave us, despite us calling several times. I’ve cleaned up more pee off the carpet in the last week than I care to share.

So, um, Happy New Years and shit. My only plan this year is to get through it relatively unscathed.

donna January 1, 2008 at 5:01 pm

I probably stole that idea from you and I also abandoned it this year from sheer boredom. Maybe next year I’ll have something interesting to write rather than poop, drool, snot, crying and tired. Maybe.

Happy New Year to you and the Meester and the Mini

ewe_are_here January 2, 2008 at 3:06 am

Aaaah, teething can be a tricky thing. Baby Boo has been refusing to eat much for the past 2 days, and I finally said to my husband last night, ‘Maybe he’s teething again, who knows.’

Sure enough, teeth brushing at bedtime showed us Tooth No. 5 was through, which means No. 6 must be right behind it. Sigh. Who knew? Obviously, I’ve been too busy to be a good parent this week. Double sigh.

Happy New Year. May we all do a bit better in 2008. :-)

Suz January 2, 2008 at 5:51 am

Oh…I know all about that uncomfortable guest mattress. Our holiday featured G and I trying to squeeze into a twin. A TWIN!! We are big people and now, we are big, tired people.

Happy New Year to you, the Meester and the Mini!

Brandi January 2, 2008 at 9:30 am

Three words….Boudreaux’s Butt Paste. The stuff works. I hope the Mini is better soon.

robyn January 2, 2008 at 11:35 am

I second the Butt Paste recommendation — but if it’s tried and failed (because T had a few that were not of this world), Milk of Magnesia is a miracle worker on the nether fungals. You just slather it all over. Helps kill the itch and burn for them, too. My SIL is a former pediatric RN and suggested it, and I swear two diaper changes later and what had been there over 2 weeks was just…gone.

Merrin January 3, 2008 at 10:51 am

Happy New Year, and here’s wishing the nether region fungal issues get cleared up soon!

Deltus January 3, 2008 at 10:52 am

Ah, the mot juste. I knew I could could on you.

Now I just have to get the words Butt Paste out of my head.

Michele January 3, 2008 at 2:24 pm

Was the prescription he gave you Nystatin? If not, get some ASAP! If so, I’m sorry it hasn’t worked. Both my babies had the same reaction from antibiotics and it was HORRIBLE, like someone took a hot iron and burned their butts. Most creams and such will just ‘lock in’ the burning and make it worse. Until I figured it out, we had diaperless babies to soothe their bums as well. Now I keep some on hand at all times!!! Happy New Year~

Kathy January 4, 2008 at 7:28 pm

Here’s to a piss-free 2008.