Badass

by statia on January 28, 2008

Thanks for the Happy Anniversaries. We had a nice time in the city. We stayed at rather nice hotel who’s name is shared with a popular cracker. The hospitality was out of this world, which of course is what you should expect from a hotel of this class. The rooms were “eh”. We got a suite which wasn’t anything to write home about. The beds were by far the worst hotel beds I’ve ever slept on.

If you’re thinking we went away for our anniversary primarily for the ol’ horizontal tango between the sheets, well, you thought wrong . My main reason for going away was to take some sleep candies, and pass the hell out for two days straight, and maybe eat too (although, those of you who are parents would totally understand the need to go away just to sleep). But the bed was just awful, and all it did was further my sleeping issues.

There’s also the fact that both of us were suffering from serious phantom limb syndrome because we missed the Mini so much. I was totally convinced that we shouldn’t go. “BUT MY BABY!! My baby needs me!” And yes, he did miss us, but we all survived just fine.

We had to trek back to the city this afternoon to pick up the Mini’s cranial band. I thought he would take it better than he did. He was PISSED in the office. And there’s a grace period to working up to having to wear this thing 23 hours a day. He did much better at home. I think it’s going to kill me much more than it will him. I have a habit of incessantly kissing his sweet head and stroking his hair. I won’t be able to do that for awhile and the thought of it is just killing me.

To take my mind off of that, we’re painting it black and putting skulls on it because we’re punny. Also, because I want him to look back on the pictures when he’s older and realize just how cool and awesome we are.

jesser January 28, 2008 at 8:09 pm

Yea, I’m guessing if he wouldn’t wear the Cons, he’d be a bit pissed about a “cranial band.” Poor little guy. I’m sure you’ll both get used to it, though. I love the skulls idea too.

I’m impressed with you standing two days away. We’ve only done one and that was a constant “We should go get her, shouldn’t we?” backand forth like the pathetic saps we are. It is good for everyone though, I suppose.

Merrin January 28, 2008 at 8:30 pm

Skulls=the funny. ‘Nuff said!

(oh, and happy belated Anniversary!)

Suz January 29, 2008 at 5:13 am

Okay…that’s a cool idea. We had boats on Ty-baby’s band and stars on Hen’s. I did miss kissing their heads, but most of all, I didn’t like that hard band banging into my chest.

Suz January 29, 2008 at 5:13 am

geeky January 29, 2008 at 6:03 am

Haha what kid wouldn’t want a black helmet with skulls! Can I get one? :)

DD January 29, 2008 at 7:24 am

I think you should glue googlely eyes all around it. Now THAT would be awesome!

electriclady January 29, 2008 at 9:49 am

Heh. Black w/skulls is awesome.

I’m curious, how bad is the Mini’s flattening? BG has some flattening on one side and I have gone on and off being obsessed with it. Both the pediatrician and my husband think it’s no big deal and not enough to warrant a band–pediatrician told me once she gets hair it won’t be visible at all (which is what yours said too, right?).

Not like I WANT her to wear a band, but I wouldn’t want to look back and think that I should have done something, you know?

Ms. Pants January 29, 2008 at 12:07 pm

Will you do me a favour and paint “I got mail!” on the back? :-p

Tuesday January 30, 2008 at 6:15 am

We would do stickers all over my sons, then we could change it whenever we wanted. once we put ants all over it, it looked so cool.

Deltus January 30, 2008 at 11:01 am

You could also do it up a la Samuel L. Jackson, and have “Bad Motherfucker” on it.

Just sayin’…

robyn January 30, 2008 at 12:43 pm

If I send you a =w=eezer sticker, will you put it on from us? ;-p

erica January 30, 2008 at 1:25 pm

I feel ya on the phantom limb syndrome and the desire to take off just to sleep for a couple days. I’m sorry that didn’t work out well for you.

We are also thinking about sending Baby off to Grandma’s for a weekend so we can go sleep in a hotel room for 2 days. Maybe we’ll even get up once or twice and use the hotel pool. Maybe not.

waiting line January 30, 2008 at 3:58 pm

(Personal question, if you’re willing to share — and sorry if you already mentioned this elsewhere — what’s the measurement of asymmetry on your sweet angel’s head? My kiddo is 15mm, which I understand is considered “moderate” – not even “mild” – by insurance standards. I’d like to compare notes and see if the measurements, perhaps, explain our different “gut” reactions. If you’d like email me directly at waitingblog at yahoo dot com)