What you really come here for, poop talk.

by statia on December 20, 2007

In an ongoing effort to become a dirty green hippie, I went to a local health food store to pick up, uh, food. It’s been my quest to live a life free of plastic containers (failing miserably, because plastics make it possible), foods that are organic, and cosmetics that are free of parabens, phthalates, bisphenol and other toxic chemicals.

Who knew that having a baby would do this to me?

In a fit of I don’t know what, I grabbed a box of Kashi Go Lean Crunch off of the shelf. I don’t have regularity problems and yet, I was intrigued. I believe that after Buzz posted about his experience with the stuff, I think the words, “damn dirty hippie” came out of my mouth. Even despite this, I still purchased the stuff. The Meester laughed when I brought it home, why I don’t know, the man will eat a pizza box with a picture of pizza on it and deem it edible, Kashi is pretty much the same thing.

And boy, let me tell you, was it. It was like eating rocks, and coming out the other end? It was exactly like the rocks that I ate.

And you know what? I’m now an addict of this cereal. Now that I’m working in the advertising arena, allow me to come up with an advertising campaign:

Kashi – Creating thick turds, one bowl at a time.

mac December 20, 2007 at 9:40 am

As much as I love Kashi Go Lean cereal, there is a time and place to eat it. Specifically, at home…alone. It should really be called Colon Blow….now with Smelly Farts.

akeeyu December 20, 2007 at 11:07 am
Faith December 20, 2007 at 12:14 pm

That’s exactly what happened to me when I ate it! My husband likes it a lot, too. He told me to try it. He did NOT tell me about the side-effects. (But, to be fair, he’s pretty well filled with gas all the time. Being a boy must suck.) The rest of that day was torture, and it was a weekend day when I was home most of the time!

I like shitting, but that was ridiculous, honestly.

Dooneybug December 20, 2007 at 12:24 pm

Or you could say, “One bowel at a time” and see if anyone catches that.

See, I don’t get it. I’ve seen this mentioned somewhere else too and I have a box of that stuff and have never noticed a, um, difference. And I don’t have stomach issues normally.

M@ December 20, 2007 at 1:09 pm

For me this would be a drop of water in the ocean.

How about Kashi – It’s like pulling a burlap sack through your colon.

Camille December 20, 2007 at 4:59 pm

I just saw an ad last week in my VT Mag about facial products free of all that stuff from Mychelle.com. I’m totally considering getting a sample pack. And about the cereal, I’m curious about why it is addicting if it tastes so bad?

ssfb December 20, 2007 at 5:46 pm

I love that cereal. Tastes so good, yet hurts so bad. I keep saying at work that we need to start serving bowls of kashi to the people that come to the ER for constipation (yes, people come to the ER for constipation, and no, it would never occur to me to do so)

jesser December 21, 2007 at 6:18 am

I’m howling from advertising tag lines everyone came up with. I’ve tried to like Kashi, but it just tates awful to me … except their apple cinnamon oatmeal. Tabs and I lurve that stuff.

Lenni December 21, 2007 at 9:15 am

Check out BareNaked Granola – its SO GOOD. I eat their “peak protein” on yogurt with strawberries and its like the heavens come down from above and sing to me. Its not very healthy, but its delicious. :)

Deltus December 22, 2007 at 10:37 am

So, the poop is good?

buzz December 26, 2007 at 3:06 am

I just take that cereal, put it in a bowl, pour on some milk and then go pour it in the toilet. That way, I cut out the oh-so-painful middle man.

You are very brave people. I admire that.

Damn dirty hippies.