The F-dash dash DASH word.

by statia on December 17, 2007

T minus one week until Christmas. Normally, by this time, everything is DONE and I am finished wrapping, shipping and all of that nonsense. This year is one of my off years, where, I don’t feel like I’m close to being done and to be honest, I’m so not into Christmas this year. You’d think that it being the Mini’s first Christmas, and it being my first Christmas as a parent, I’d really be excited, but lets face it, he’s not going to remember, and my family room could do without anymore colorful (and probably toxic) plastic. That said, I did get him colorful (and probably toxic) plastic. I tried not to go overboard, given the fact that he isn’t going to really care. But it’s just going to be another day. I think another part of it is that funds are limited this year, just due to the fact that we went from two incomes to one, and we just bought a house. We’re normally big Christmas people. I love to buy stuff for others. I get a lot of enjoyment out of going out of my way to put thought into gifts, but this year? This year was the first year I wasn’t torturing Kathy about her present, in October. I just didn’t have it in me this year. It’s kind of sad.

Top that off with the fact that the Mini has been sick since Thursday, and I’m spent. People will be lucky to get their stuff before the New Year.

Speaking of sick, We have full on snot face, ear infection, wheezy cough and puke. This is really the first time the Mini has been pukey. At least with any sort of volume (and let me tell you, there’s volume) and I thought the puking would bother me, and I was surprised when being puked on was met with total indifference. I think that the puke of your offspring is chromosomally neutralized so that it’s not offensive. At least that’s my theory, and I’m sticking to it.

Beth December 17, 2007 at 5:06 pm

I think it is so distressing to see your precious spawn sick that you just gloss over the being covered in puke bit. Never would have believed it myself until it happened.

Maggie December 17, 2007 at 6:18 pm

My sister once said once your a mother, nothing grosses you out. I have yet to learn this myself in a few months.

Dooneybug December 17, 2007 at 6:40 pm

You’re right…puke is chromosomally neutralized. That AND poop. While my son sure can have some stinkers, I’ve never gagged at them like I did when I watched a friend’s little boy and had to change his poopy diaper.

jesser December 17, 2007 at 6:55 pm

The pukeys are AWESOME. Just love them. Tabs herself has been on a strict diet of pedialyte, applesauce and toast since Fri night. I think we’re mostly over it, but that girl is sneaky and we now have a strict 48 hour policy with her. No pukeys for 48 hours before regular food again.

We got her one of those push-buggy things .. like a ride-on car thing, but it has a long handle where we can push her without breaking our backs. I couldn’t stomach the pink and purple one, so hers is blue and red. Other than that … a few books and a new CD cuz I’m starting to hate the ones we’ve got.

Tree still isn’t up. Don’t really care. It’s probably poisonous too.

Tonya December 18, 2007 at 12:39 am

Yeah, the puke is okay… until it projectiles into your mouth. Enough said.

April December 18, 2007 at 7:04 am

Hope the Mini is feeling better soon.

erica December 18, 2007 at 8:08 am

It seems my kid’s isn’t neutralized. Something about regurgitated Alimentum that smells like ohmigodImgonnahurltoo!

Tracy December 18, 2007 at 9:38 am

PLEASE….Please print this out and refer to it in…oh…5 or 6 years. Now, allow me to burst the bubble.

It’s not so bad when your kid is LITTLE – infant to toddler size, mostly. When they’re 11 and still can’t make it into the toilet, thus leaving you scrubbing carpets and washing bedding at 2 AM? It gets to you.
Especially when there are 4 of them…and one throwing up sets of another one throwing up, which sets of…oh, you get the picture. :-)

Suz December 18, 2007 at 9:55 am

Sick can really put the kabosh on Christmas. Hope you guys feel better soon.

Suz December 18, 2007 at 9:55 am

Sick can really put the kabosh on Christmas. Hope you guys feel better soon.

Tom Bux December 18, 2007 at 1:00 pm

Ben doesn’t have puke yet. He still has spit up, I don’t seem to mind that. Except when he spits up it is all warm and gooey. Yuck. But not too bad.

I’m also pretty good with snot, but the other day I tried sucking boogers out of his nose with the asperator, and the slurping sound made me gag.