I smell man whore

by statia on October 24, 2007

Why must every teenage clothing store feel the need to have man whore cologne permeating within a five mile radius of the store? I get the marketing ploy, but must it be reminiscent of the days of Henry VIII?

And while I’m on the subject of stores, why must the mall be 900 degrees?

And you know, if I’m going to bitch (like I do), WHERE THE HELL IS FALL? I was on the phone with a friend back in California earlier, about how I’ve been practically rioting over this weather. It’s damn near November and I still have the damn a/c on. Every time it gets “cold” (cold meaning in the 60′s), it lasts for two days and then it’s back up to the 80′s. EIGHTIES. I can’t take it anymore. How can I drink hot toddies when it’s 80 degrees outside?

*riots*

Merrin October 24, 2007 at 2:45 pm

I, too, am bitter about no fall. Back home, the high has been in the 50′s. Here in Florida? 90. Bitches.

Katrina October 24, 2007 at 2:57 pm

Am so SICK of this neverending summer from hell! Where’s my autumn? I wanna wear a sweater, dang it!

Suz October 24, 2007 at 4:08 pm

The only good thing about this is that our leaves haven’t dropped yet. Fall, is wonderful. Raking leaves, not so much.

donna October 24, 2007 at 5:21 pm

I hear you. What I hate here are the days when it’s freezing overnight and you need the heat but it gets in the 70s during the day so you kinda need AC but not really and what the hell do you wear on a day like that?

Please share your hot toddie recipe. I might just park my ass in front of the freezer so I can drink one.

Kathy October 24, 2007 at 5:35 pm

My favorite hot toddy recipe:

Mull cider over low heat with a spice ball filled with cloves and cinnamon.

Dip a glass rim in brandy and then in cinnamon/sugar. Pour hot cider in glass, and top with a shot of Brandy. Mmmmm.

Those stores are redic… although I can’t complain about the half naked men standing outside during the holidays. *shops*

jesser October 25, 2007 at 6:24 am

Y’know … it may sound completely mental, but what I really want right now is a nice blizzard. Nothing so horrific that cable or internet goes out or people die, etc., but just enough so I have a great excuse to miss a few days of work and stay at home and do NOTHING. But yes, this too long summer has to end first.

geeky October 25, 2007 at 8:20 am

You want to know where Fall is? It’s at my house! High of 55 today, 60s for the foreseeable future. We even have some pretty Fall leaves. Sucks for you! :p

Deltus October 25, 2007 at 10:09 pm

You shouldn’t say such things. You’ll piss Winter off. And THEN we’ll all be sorry!

PiquantMolly October 26, 2007 at 9:44 am

Umm, fall? It’s up here in Wisconsin. Feel free to join us.

Chris Cactus October 26, 2007 at 5:19 pm

Man Whore. Great band name. Bad smell.

aithne October 27, 2007 at 6:59 pm

Oh. I really like that recipe!

Must try it soon!

Is that how you make it?