A few moments peace

by statia on August 11, 2007

My mum is visiting for the weekend to babysit her grandson while we get some random projects done, like finally finishing the living room and dining room trim, and start on the bathroom, as well as finally getting around to seeing Order of the Phoenix, which I’m glad I didn’t read the book first like I normally do, because while it was entertaining, it lacked. I mean, I get that there was a lot of shit in the book that they just couldn’t cover, but the stuff that I thought was important, was really glanced over. But whatever, I was just glad to get out of the house. It’s the first time I’ve been to the movies I think, since The Curse of the Were Rabbit came out. Which was what, 05? I’m very fidgety and I tend to get anxiety attacks in theaters. I’m weird, I know, so I really only go when there’s something that’s going to hold my complete attention for the entire movie.

Also, we have wasps. Like hoards of them, under our deck, which is extremely large and it’s not exactly easy to get under there. We called someone out. It seemed to do the trick, and then all of a sudden, we noticed a few more, and by Thursday, I went out there, with the Mini, no less, to let the dogs out and saw about forty of them swarming the path where they walk to go to the bathroom. Needless to say, I hightailed it inside and slammed the door shut. Somehow Miss M got through the swarm unscathed, but poor G-man was slow and confused and being the highest point, they swarmed him and he got stung a couple of times. Luckily it wasn’t that bad, but man, they were fucking PISSED. And I swear I see them out there holding little wasp meetings, standing guard while they breed another army. Well not on my watch fuckers, because they’re coming back tonight when you’re all sleeping and foaming your asses dead.

Also, last weekend, I got a brand spanking new toy for my birthday (albeit a bit early, as my birthday isn’t until the 21st). I love it. It’s pretty and clean and not sticky from butternut squash.

Jenn August 11, 2007 at 8:21 pm

We had a wasp nest being built on our deck. I hope you get rid of yours soon. Maybe they like butternut squash.

Tonya August 11, 2007 at 9:09 pm

Go Mum! It’s so great to have family that’s worth a damn, especially someone who can give you a break now and then.

And check out your new toy! Sad how even just the box makes me want to trade up my iBook. ;-)

Helen August 12, 2007 at 1:40 am

Dude. You said “Mum”. I like to think I’m contributing to that.

And there is nothing more rewarding than waspicide. Nothing.

buzz August 12, 2007 at 4:25 am

Isn’t it so nice to get a little break? I mean, we love the kids and all, but still….ahhhhh.

robyn August 12, 2007 at 6:54 am

I think you should try the “oh the beemanity” method…

ssfb August 12, 2007 at 1:01 pm

ooooo that gave me chills. I have a serious phobia of stinging insects and don’t give me any of that “well if you don’t bother them…” business. They are out to get you (well, me at least), call someone quick! I would totally be having a panic attack. Good luck! Glad you got out to the movies :)

just another jenny August 12, 2007 at 5:19 pm

I want to see the new potter movie so bad I could cry. It’s almost enough to make me give up breast feeding. Yes, I could pump but fuck, that would take foresight and planning.

jesser August 13, 2007 at 8:06 am

I gotta tell ya. I don’t really dig the HP movies. But I love the books.

My hubby and his family used to kill wasps and other stingy things with cholorox bleach in squirt guns. This just has all kinda bad consequences written all over it.

Congrats on the new toy! I got me a laptop for my b’day as well (the 4th). Hubby bought it for me, so it is on the HUGE side. But so nice for doing graphics. I haven’t had a laptop in years … can’t wait to chase the baby(ies) and still be able to blog and such.

Deltus August 15, 2007 at 1:34 pm

I wish there was some way you could have, like, a sonic device on your house or something that bees, wasps, hornets, and mosquitos couldn’t abide and would keep them at bay. Die, fuckers, die!