Pow. Right in the kisser. Pow. Right in the kisser. Pow. Right in the kisser….

by statia on July 3, 2007

Fourth of July.

A holiday that is newly hated on my list.

I’m going to shove some firecrackers up someone’s anus if the Mini wakes up.

Dooneybug July 3, 2007 at 8:25 pm

Man do I hear you! The redneck, asshat, neighbors of ours start the firework season around the end of May and it doesn’t stop until sometime after labor day. I kid you not. We’ve already called the cops on them once this year. They do it all week long regardless of the time. And my sons room faces their front yard, where they regularly have hoe downs and bonfires.

So far, they haven’t woken my son up YET, but I swear I will whip my phone out the moment it happens. Ironically, when we had a big hail storm a few weeks back that hurt my ears, the boy slept right through it. I couldn’t believe it!

MsPrufrock July 3, 2007 at 10:38 pm

A building two down from ours is being demolished, and fuck if they don’t decide to do the most destruction during naptime.

Bunch of bastards, the lot of them.

just another jenny July 4, 2007 at 9:07 am

Ours is July 1st and my girl slept through the firecrackers like they were nothing. I hope the mini reacts the same way.

Deltus July 4, 2007 at 9:44 am

You know, those firecrackers that shoot flaming balls out the top can be aimed…

heh heh heh

Donna July 4, 2007 at 12:11 pm

Do they make baby earplugs?

Robber Barren July 5, 2007 at 4:35 am

Did not have fireworks problems as such, but the fighter jet flyover at about 8:40 PM startled both of my babies awake. REALLY FUCKING HAPPY my tax dollars are going to stuff like that. (Though they did put themselves right back to sleep…)

karmajenn July 5, 2007 at 5:47 am

I kept holding my breathe everytime one went off…praying Emerson wouldn’t wake up. After an hour I was hyperventilating and ready to kill.

I always swore I wouldn’t be the type of person to call the cops over fireworks, but now all bets are off.

jesser July 5, 2007 at 8:05 am

Tabbs didn’t even notice the fireworks. Slept right through them. My dog on the other hand … well I think he’s still hiding in the basement. I hat e the 4th too.