Oh the places you’ll go!

by statia on July 27, 2007

We have, what appears to be the makings of “the army crawl.”

Staple everything to the floor, god help us all. Bring Mama the vodka.

Seriously, this kid went from HATING being on his stomach to not being able to keep him off of it overnight. It’s a thrill to watch. Thank god we’re getting new carpet, because the thought of him crawling around on funked carpet is just… ick.

And secretly, even though I’m going to be cursing the gods later (WILL YOU JUST SIT STILL FOR ONE SECOND?), the thought of him being mobile makes me kinda giddy. Because watching his face light up at the thought of being able to actually use his body for things other than pooping and drooling is just, well, priceless.

Ms. Pants July 27, 2007 at 7:53 am

He probably realises that more pressure on his belleh means he can fahhhhht more.

erica July 27, 2007 at 8:14 am

Just wait. Before the actual “really mobile” part, if he’s like my son, he’ll have the “I should be able to crawl but damnit I can’t and I am SO MAD ABOUT IT but don’t try to help or turn me over BECAUSE I’M ON A MISSION DAMNIT” part.

I’m seriously considering duct taping mine on his back somedays.

Chris July 27, 2007 at 9:25 am

Being mobile is a mixed blessing. Now, being mobile and talking is REALLY interesting ;-)

donna July 27, 2007 at 9:30 am

Oy. I know. I like that she can move around and it’s fun to see her look of accomplishment when she gets to something she wants. But since what she usually wants is a power cord plugged into a wall, my fun is short-lived. Replaced quickly with “holy fuck, please don’t electrocute yourself!”

SSFB July 27, 2007 at 10:33 am

My mother still makes fun of her friend for when her son started crawling she would walk around right in front of him with the vacuum cleaner. hehe.

Faith July 27, 2007 at 10:43 am

Hold the phone…we can use our bodies for something *other than* eating and pooping? I mean, yeah, I was kind of aware of the ability mine has to type stuff on the internet, but still.

Faith July 27, 2007 at 10:44 am

Ok, that would have been funnier if I had remembered that it said “…pooping and drooling…”

I have a headache. I blame that…

Lut C. July 27, 2007 at 11:38 am

Go baby, go, go!

Meredith July 27, 2007 at 7:02 pm

Oh, I just love updates on the Mini Meester’s milestones because Finn almost always follows him by a week or two– it’s like a preview for me! Finn has started scrunching his legs up under him and pushing some when on his stomach, but so far it hasn’t gotten him more than an inch or two. But we do have funky carpet. Sigh.

Anyway, congrats to your little one on the army crawl! Now you can start setting up the barbed wire obstacle courses that such skills demand!

Meredith July 27, 2007 at 7:03 pm

Oh wait, I forgot that it’s notabout me. And look at my comments, lol. Sorry.

jen July 28, 2007 at 8:00 am

you’ve been tagged.

robyn July 28, 2007 at 10:38 pm

Soon suspending your Christmas tree by wire from the ceiling won’t seem like such an ‘odd’ or funny idea…

ewe_are_here July 29, 2007 at 9:51 am

Yep. Gaining mobility over here, too, with Baby Boo. Whenever I return to the room, he’s relocated himself. Often 180 degrees, too. Rather scary. But cool.

Oh, and we’re starting to get some independent sitting action, too. Baby swings, here we come!