Next stop, a steak.

by statia on July 10, 2007

The Mini had his four month (!?! wtf?!?) check up yesterday. He’s growing like a weed, weighing in at a hefty 15 pounds and 26″, finally putting him in 3-6 month pants. Which is good for him, because much like the whole baby bjorn incident, he was like “what, you expect me to SUCK IN?” He jumped drastically in percentile, which won’t last. I suspect he’ll be all over the curve for height throughout his growing years.

He took his shots much better this time than he did last time. I completely cleared my daily schedule in order to be prepared to come home and console an inconsolable Mama’s Boy (something I was completely happy to do, mind you), but he totally surprised me by crying only a little bit and then got all “I’m a big boy now” on me. *sigh*

We’ve gotten the green light for starting “solid” foods, as he’s packing it away, and looks at us with complete sandwich envy. And given the fact that this kid has taken to blowing excitable raspberries, I either need to invest in a very long smock, or give up wearing clothing that isn’t stained.

I already see the dogs swarming in a circle. Let the good times roll.

Jenaside July 11, 2007 at 7:03 am

Hahaha. I love the raspberries that send food to the ceiling, floor, and each wall of the room simultaneously…

Aaahhhh.

jesser July 11, 2007 at 7:12 am

Yes yes. Time for solids. But I have yet to get my happy ass over to T@rget and pick me up some baby feeding accoutrements. Our little one did fine with the shots themselves, but they make her feverish and grumpy for about 48 hours afterwards. Now I know to schedule her appts for Fridays. :P

Deltus July 11, 2007 at 9:52 am

Raw steak. While he starts his pull-ups (sorry, chin-ups. Pull-ups have a different meaning to wee tots) and sit-ups. We’ll make a carnivore out of him yet.

jenny July 11, 2007 at 1:46 pm

The real question is…. how did mom do with the needles this time?

waiting line July 11, 2007 at 2:05 pm

yes, how did mom do with the needles? damn, I can’t imagine what that’s going to be like….

waiting line July 11, 2007 at 2:05 pm

yes, how did mom do with the needles? damn, I can’t imagine what that’s got to be like….

ewe_are_here July 11, 2007 at 3:27 pm

I passed on the third set of jabs this morning for Baby Boo. He may have been exposed to chicken pox last week (via his brother’s nursery program), so we’re going to wait another week or two to make sure he (and his brother) aren’t incubating the pox before he gets his last jabs of the year. Drat. Just what I wanted, another trip to the doctor’s office this month.

And I’m slightly horrified to report that our now 4 month old moose weighed in at 16 and a half pounds three weeks ago!! (I shudder to think what he weighs now, the little lardball.) So I had to move him into the 6-9 month clothing box last week. Sigh.

erica July 11, 2007 at 7:47 pm

I actually had to buy a few tops so I would have something to wear that is not stained, and only wear them when the baby is safely in the arms of a grandparent. And he’s low on the charts, not quite 14lb yet at his 4 month appointment last week.

karmajenn July 12, 2007 at 11:47 am

Hey, at least with the dogs you’ll never have to clean baby food off the floor. Or off the kid, most likely.

I’ll admit it…I bought a bunch of vintage, old school aprons and wear them around the house. I got sick of ruining clothes, wiping my hands on them.

Plus, they’re good for playing “Dirty Little Housecleaner.”

michele July 15, 2007 at 10:17 pm

aaah yes, the dogs. they are especially helpful when the baby spits up…especially as much as mine did! gross, yes, helpful, very much so! just wait till mini realizes what actually happens to the food he drops down where the dogs are…