Like peeling a sunburn

by statia on July 25, 2007

Say hello to my new boyfriend. Of all the half assed stupid shit the previous homeowners did, they actually primed the walls before wallpapering. I went out and purchased the boyfriend to try and remove the wallpaper in my dining room. Dudes, I don’t know how well this thing works for cleaning and you know, I don’t really give a rats ass. All I know is that this thing takes wallpaper off like a knife to hot butter. It made me so giddy, that I was like, well, I was kind of like this.

While I was happily huffing wallpaper glue stripping away wallpaper, the coalition for clean water or whatever, rang my doorbell THREE FUCKING TIMES in less than an hour. And it was the hour during and after we had put the Mini to bed. Had either of them woken him up, I would have chased them down the street and shown them my foot in their ass. It’s time to get that “no solicitors” sign. Except it’ll say something more colorful, like “Get off my fucking property, asshole.”

I also FINALLY finished Deathly Hallows, much to my relief. I was scared of the internet and the book was plauging me to finish. I won’t write about it here, as not to spoil it. The Meester hasn’t read it yet. All I’ll say is that I thought the book dragged.

ewe_are_here July 25, 2007 at 11:54 pm

Hmmm. We have some icky disgusting wallpaper to remove in the new house — assuming we get it — may hae to look into one of these.

Ms. Pants July 26, 2007 at 7:55 am

For cleaning, it sucks. I had a knock off and it didn’t clean so much as it oozed scalding water all over everything around, including my skin.

As for door knockers–put up a No Soliciting sign and then put a note next to that that reads something like: “Sleeping baby–if you wake him, I will greet you with a shotgun.”

jesser July 27, 2007 at 6:35 am

Oh wow. Thanks for the tip. We have a house full of wall paper since we bought a model (mind you, our bulider doesn’t even offer wallpaper as an option, but they let their airhead designers go apeshit with it in all of their models). It’s not the most offensive stuff, but not really my gig and after we removed the wallpaper from the kitchen I absolutely could not face another go at it.

As for the solicitors, my aunt has a hand written note on her front door that says “No offense, but no solicitors, religious or otherwise.” She says the only solicitors she gets are little kids.

ciz July 27, 2007 at 6:43 pm

i like the shot gun idea !!!
we took down wallpaper teh ghetto way hahhaa no help from me there :(

karmajenn July 28, 2007 at 5:20 am

Hearing about your boyfriend made me salivate just a little. We have wallpaper all over the house that is killing me slowly with its floral-horrificness. I love peeling me some sunburn.

robyn July 28, 2007 at 10:44 pm

Might be a good time to direct you to my former “DO NOT DISTURB” sign… ;-)