Stupid

by statia on May 23, 2007

Piehole:shouldnt you be packing?
Moi: actually most of our shit is packed
Moi: there’s the box labeled “stupid” that I’m throwing random shit into
Piehole: STUPID! ha ha!!
Piehole: i need a stupid box.

Indeed, I do have a box labeled stupid, in which includes contents such as:
a pair of slippers
a box of clamps (don’t ask)
a bottle sterilizer (pregnants, don’t waste your time, the dishwasher is your friend)
a shower caddy (why do I still have a shower caddy? what am I, in college? why can I not throw away this damn shower caddy, that I haven’t used except to hold a clock radio and some old gameboy games?)
a clock radio (see above)
a book
a dog toy
a pair of flip flops
a caboodles full of nail polish (people, I don’t even do my own nails, and hello? CABOODLES)

Seeing as we’re moving in two days and the majority of our stuff is packed up in a surprisingly more organized manner, I have a feeling there are going to be sequels to the boxes labeled “stupid.”

Ms. Pants May 23, 2007 at 3:54 pm

Dude, I love stupid boxes. They make unpacking kinda fun. Like, “Honey, where is my electric razor?” Oh–check the stupid box.

And just so you feel mo’ betta: I can’t get rid of my shower caddy either.

Bonnie May 23, 2007 at 4:22 pm

“CABOODLES!?”, that’s what I exclaimed.

(I won’t judge you because last night I was going through clothes that didn’t fit into the “one year rule” and kept a t-shirt because I’ve worn it at least once during every year for the past 10.)

Tracy May 23, 2007 at 4:46 pm

The minimalist bitch in me is saying – “just throw it out, you’ll never miss it – and that’s one less box to unpack!”. And then next week, bam! You’ll need a shower caddy.

karmajenn May 23, 2007 at 5:50 pm

You’re going to have to explain the clamps. Otherwise there will be daily teasing over the (hello, 1989 call and they want their) CABOODLES (back).

And you are totally organized. 99% of my boxes would be labeled “stupid” expect for 3 very large ones labeled “Shoes, Handle With Care or Perish”.

Kate May 23, 2007 at 6:34 pm

Before I even read the parenthetical comments, I was all, CABOODLES! HAH!

I have a knock-off Target-brand Caboodles. Don’t feel too bad.

just another jenny May 23, 2007 at 7:43 pm

Good luck with the move.

robyn May 23, 2007 at 11:14 pm

I just pitched my Caboodle in January when we packed to move! Of course we’re still packed to move being as our damn house won’t sell, but that is neither here nor there…

SSFB May 24, 2007 at 4:47 am

I need to start a stupid box at work…

geeky May 24, 2007 at 6:02 am

I have a caboodles full of nail polish too! Which is even more hilarious, because I’ve been using the same single bottle of nail polish for YEARS now, while the rest remain untouched.

Good luck with the move! I hope you all make it in one piece. Just keep your eye on the prize – CHEESESTEAK.

Lenni May 24, 2007 at 6:47 am

You’re doing better than I did – I didn’t even label the boxes!

Faith May 24, 2007 at 12:15 pm

My friend had a moving party in LA years ago before she moved to KC. Apparently, when she finally moved into her own apartment (she lived with her mom & dad for a while when she got here), she opened one medium-ish box that had a pack of D batteries, a small lamp, and a flashlight.

That was it.

Apparently, they were drinking several bottles of wine at her packing party…

At least the box had a theme, I s’pose. Your “stupid box” is brilliant, my dear.

Deltus May 24, 2007 at 2:29 pm

Packing drunk can lead to no good thing. Don’t ask me how I know, just accept the wisdom and be the better for it.

What’s wrong with a shower caddy though? I like my shower caddy. It keeps things organized and at the ready in the shower. *hugs shower caddy* Don’t be mean to shower caddy.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Alison May 24, 2007 at 5:42 pm

Yeah, I may still have my teal and purple Cabboodles somewhere in my parent’s house. Its with my Trapper Keeper (I promise you, I am not being sarcastic.)

Lut C. May 25, 2007 at 12:32 pm

Wait till you start on the nasty box.

Faith May 25, 2007 at 1:28 pm

Deltus! “Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.” I say that ALL. THE. TIME. People don’t know what I mean, dammit.

You just made me guffaw out loud. I love to guffaw! Thank you!

I’m with Lut C., btw. I wanna hear about what goes in THAT box…

Ew. That sounded grosser than I intended. I just wanna go home and am hyped on caffeine, is all. Sorry. :P

Empress May 26, 2007 at 4:21 am

My stupid boxes all said things like “bedroom random”, “kitchen random”. I still have the bedroom random – unpacked – in my closet. Every once in a while, I look in it and think that I should throw it all out but then I just close it up again and walk away.

trish May 26, 2007 at 7:31 am

I still have a purple and pink caboodle in my bathroom cabinet full of the castoffs of Lancome free gifts. I just know that one day I will need some tangerine, gold dust glitter lipstick.