Someday Son, you’ll have them too.

by statia on April 27, 2007

Part of our daily ritual is reading to the Mini. You know, developmental growth and all of that nonsense.

Me: Big Nutbrown Hare had even longer arms, “But I love you this much,” he said…..
Mini: *stares blankly while drooling* (I’m going to pretend he was fixated on my every word, because it’s a damn good book, and it makes me cry)
Meester: *laughing hysterically*
Me: What’s so funny?
Meester: I keep hearing it as “Big Brown Nut Hair.”
Me: You’re fucking retarded (and at this point, I now can’t stop laughing while I’m reading it).
Mini: *stares blankly while drooling*

bitca April 27, 2007 at 8:30 pm

*drools a little herself*

Kate April 27, 2007 at 11:04 pm

Secret: the first time we got that book into the library I worked at during high school, I cracked it open, read it, and hid in the bathroom and cried. I’m SUCH A WUSS.

Does this mean we aren’t totally dead inside??

Meredith April 28, 2007 at 3:54 am

Thanks to the Meester for totally ruining that book for me.

But the laugh WAS worth it.

Jenn April 28, 2007 at 7:07 am

My mom bought that book for my boys and I had never read it before. My siblings and I started cracking up for the same reason. I can’t read it anymore for that reason. Well that I think Big Nut Brown Hare is kind of a jerk. Always trying to one up the little guy.

Dooneybug April 28, 2007 at 10:51 am

I had a co-worker who went through the birthing classes and the instructor read Guess How Much I Love You. The whole book the lady kept saying little brown nut hare. My friend and her husband could not stop laughing.

girl April 28, 2007 at 11:22 am

bahaha. that’s totally going to be us, if we ever become parents. the boy suggested the other day that we stop calling the cat fat all the time b/c it’s a bad habit if we’re ever going to have kids. lol.

Ms. Pants April 28, 2007 at 8:31 pm

Dammit, I love that book too and now I’m gonna think of sac.

Camille April 30, 2007 at 5:41 am

oh, we totally laughed when we read that book too! you can’t help but think of it the way the meester does.

Sophie April 30, 2007 at 6:02 am

Hee.. a must have book for parents who find pooh funny or have distorted minds is… The Story of the Little Mole Who Went in Search of Whodunit

Pamela April 30, 2007 at 5:48 pm

Yeah, girl…
You nabbed yo’self
a constant source of entertainment
with that Meester…
;^)

Fuggin’ A
Big Brown Nut Hair!

*place hysterical laughing emoticon here*