Neigh

by statia on April 4, 2007

Random parenting bits that I find amusing:

Baby boys? They get fromunda cheese. A LOT. And it smells. Seriously, my kid is like a fromunda cheese factory.

I can’t tell you how many times I have shielded pee in the last week with my bare hand. Mini Me-ester is like quick draw McGraw with his penis. Seriously. I can’t cover him up fast enough.

Also, the Mini Me-ester makes this noise that I have now taken to imitating because he’s so cute. He makes a sort of laughing horsey giggle in his sleep. Neigheehee.

The cuteness in this house is downright disgusting.

Kathy April 4, 2007 at 10:47 am

Pee pee Tee pee.

DD April 4, 2007 at 11:46 am

Wait till the poop in the tub. Oh the giggling you will do!

Tracy April 4, 2007 at 11:59 am

Yeah, the giggling that lasts until you have to clean it up! (Poop in the tub is NOT an exclusively boy thing!)

MsPrufrock April 4, 2007 at 12:03 pm

P. used to do a really creepy giggle in her sleep that she was incapable of doing (developmentally) while awake. It would scare the shit out of me.

Ms. Pants April 4, 2007 at 12:41 pm

Ahhh, the pee stream. What is it with boys and pissing all up into the air?

Donna April 4, 2007 at 2:24 pm

But don’t you love cheese?

Kathy April 4, 2007 at 3:49 pm

Reilly has nailed me a few times. And he recently peed on the rug in his room. I stupidly thought he’s be ok naked for 30 seconds before I got him in the tub. Nope.

bitca April 4, 2007 at 4:56 pm

Oh man. Milky was like that. I had to be FAST with the diaper. heh.

Empress April 4, 2007 at 6:09 pm

Can’t wait to meet him!!

just another jenny April 4, 2007 at 8:01 pm

Has he pee’d in his own face yet? I remember my brothers doing that (I’m a bit older) and I thought it was the funniest thing ever.

Camille April 4, 2007 at 8:53 pm

Okay…um…I seriously don’t remember my boy having stinky from-unda. You might want to get that checked. ;O)

And the trick to not getting peed on…. Keep his wet diaper on him, slide the new diaper under the wet one (open, as if you’re about to put it on him). Untape the wet one on both sides. Slide it out from under his hiney first, then lift it off with one hand and at the same time put the top down on the clean one with the other hand. Wallah. No pee pee on Mommy.

Minawolf April 5, 2007 at 5:46 am

I saw a baby boy pee shield in a baby store the other day (Called Weewee shields). I guess you’re suppose to use it when you’re changing the baby? I think I’ll totally have to go pick it up now.

tricia April 5, 2007 at 7:23 am

i hope you save all of this for him to read when he’s older, say like 18 when he has his first real girlfriend.. “fromunda cheese?! Why Mom, why?!”

Neigheehee

Laura April 5, 2007 at 9:08 am

Here’s a link to some peepee teepees!

robyn April 5, 2007 at 11:46 am

We bought two stacks of 10 white washcloths for $1 at Target, and we’d have one over the little weapon before we ever pulled the second tab of the diaper off. Only way to do it, man.

I never felt like the tee pees and shields would get as clean as a bleach cycle on the washcloths.

erica April 6, 2007 at 6:10 am

The other day mine started to pee just as I lifted his bottom to put the new diaper under. I put him back down to find he peed from his own chin, down across his belly, and all over the outside of the new diaper. Tee hee!

amber April 6, 2007 at 9:46 am

Oh that sleep-laughing thing is the best. So f-ing cute. I love the sleep frowny face too.

just another jenny April 6, 2007 at 6:03 pm

The sad thing is that I had to google fromunda cheese. Reading the description has me hoping I have a girl.

Chris April 7, 2007 at 1:25 pm

One of the nice things about having a girl. No pee shielding.

Tonya April 8, 2007 at 7:43 pm

I guess my kids were equal opportunity pee-ers. My daughter did one of the best fountains I’ve ever seen!

My trick with boys is to drop a baby wipe over his business right as I open the old diaper (using the aforementioned new-diaper-under technique). It will soak up most pee if he decides to go; if not, then you can use it or toss it as needed.