Movin’ on up

by statia on April 30, 2007

So, this isn’t news to any parent or anything, but I swear to you that the Mini outgrew his 0-3 month clothes overnight. Which, again, not a surprise to any parent, but shit, couldn’t he have eased into it so that I could get another week out of them?

For the record, the Mini is 8 weeks today(!), which means, he’s got another month before he should be outgrowing those clothes.

Damn misleading sizing. Damn clothing manufacturers.

michele April 30, 2007 at 5:15 pm

holy cow, 8 wks already?? Once they hit a year, the growing and eating slows down…a little bit anyway. :o )

DD April 30, 2007 at 8:08 pm

Word to the wise: eventually he’ll be in 12-18 mos shirts and 6 mos pants b/c those idiots can’t figure out the fact that baby’s legs just don’t grow like their torsos do.

Like suddenly that concept has change since man began to walk upright. Don’t even get me started the stupid zippers, pockets and button holes.

Donna April 30, 2007 at 8:30 pm

Why the hell are baby clothes so damned expensive anyway? There’s hardly any material!!

karmajenn May 1, 2007 at 7:08 am

8 weeks, holy crap. The clothes…it seems like the kid outgrows them before I even get the tags off.

geeky May 1, 2007 at 7:30 am

omg he’s 8 weeks already!?

Minawolf May 1, 2007 at 8:29 am

I’m totally in the process of stocking up for the baby myself. I’ve stopped buying summer clothes that are 0-3 because I figure it’ll still be warm when he starts wearing the 3-6 for that reason. And if not, he’ll be working the baggy look early.
Wow, 8 weeks. It’s like only yesterday you were giving us your pregnancy stories.

Steph May 1, 2007 at 8:59 am

Parenting rule #3056: Sizes NEVER match the actual age of the child, therefore, always buy baby clothes that are 3 mos. higher than the baby’s age. Until they get to be one, when you buy them six mos. higher. Until they get to be two when you buy them one year higher. I’m only up to five and 1/2 and things got crazy this year b/c we are sometime wearing 7/8 in shirts and 6x in bottoms or vice versa. I’m pretty sure there’s another rule somewhere about once you buy school uniforms for the year, the child will grow at least one size. Overnight, naturally.

Merrin May 1, 2007 at 9:13 am

Holy crap. You’re scaring me. I can’t even figure out the diaper thing, but then again, I still have like 2 years to go.

robyn May 2, 2007 at 11:04 am

8 weeks? Shorty. N was out of 0-3 at 8 DAYS. ;-p

jesser May 6, 2007 at 7:14 pm

Interesting! Tabby still hasn’t outgrown her 0-3s, but she’s been eating like a champ the past two days so maybe that’s about to change. The sizes seems sorta arbitrary anyhow tho.