Go go gadget bottle.

by statia on April 2, 2007

A few posts back, someone had asked me to review our stroller. I actually emailed her back regarding this, but there are a couple of things here I figured I’d put my stamp of approval on.

Our stroller:

We went with the Rockstar Baby Stroller by Infinity. We had originally registered for a Peg Perego pram type stroller that ended up getting shitty reviews and I don’t even think they make it anymore. I’m not a fan of the Bugaboo. I think it’s totally a trendy brand thing and in road testing it, I actually found it to be somewhat chintzy feeling. But I was set on a pram type stroller. For myself, I’m pretty anti carrier. I never liked the thought of leaving a baby in their infant carrier. Yes, it’s easy, but really they look confining and uncomfortable for long term use. And it just doesn’t seem like it could be healthy for them to stay in there over long periods of time. Again, this is just me. So we make it a habit of taking the Mini Me-ester out of his carrier 99% of the time, no matter how much of a pain in the ass it is to do so. And the verdict is that he LOVES his bassinet. He sleeps like a rock in it, and he can sprawl out and not be all folded in half. The stroller itself is solid. It handles like a dream. It comes with a seat when they outgrow the bassinet portion of it, as well as an attachment that allows you to snap the graco snugride carseat into the base of the stroller. Seeing as how we have the safe seat, this is useless to us, but see above RE: my stance on the whole infant carrier thing. Anyway, swapping out the seat/bassinet is a little tricky, but honestly, my take is that when are you going to be repeatedly swapping them out? If there is a time, it’ll be a short window, but swapping them gets easier with practice. We also found that it fits in a standard sized stroller bag , which will be nice when we head back east to look at houses. My only drawback is the lack of space for storage. We have to drape our diaper bag over the handle, but really, it’s not that big of a deal.

I honestly love the stroller and recommend it to everyone.

One of the other things that I got as a gift from Robyn, that has paid for itself a billion times over. I tell EVERYONE to get one of these. Yes, it’s essentially a fancy egg timer, but it’s saved us a lot of sanity over the last month(!!!!!!). Especially in the middle of the night when the Mini is crying. Because I know how we are. We’d look at the clock and promptly forget what time it was that we last fed the kid. And after last Thursday’s issue, well, this was essential in telling us that we were feeding him too much. Seriously, pregnant women, get thee one of these. We live and breathe this thing.

The Mini Me-ester had his one month check up today, complete with a shot (seriously, rip my heart out). I let her know the 411 on the formula issue and she was glad that we were able to figure it out and had switched him back. He’s gaining properly. So we’re not screwing him up too badly… yet. At least nothing he’ll remember. Which thank god. I have a feeling there will be plenty of therapy bills in our future.

Jenn April 2, 2007 at 2:13 pm

I WISH I would have had some of those timer things when mine were newborns.

Michele April 2, 2007 at 2:25 pm

happy 1 month mini! Yeah, and the shots…thank goodness they don’t remember.

Merrin April 2, 2007 at 2:50 pm

He’s a month old already? Seriously?

robyn April 2, 2007 at 7:49 pm

Glad to hear that thing was really worth it — when I saw it I was like “why didn’t anyone think of this BEFORE now?” One-month check-up? Holy cow!

Anita April 3, 2007 at 4:28 am

Happy 1 Month Mini! Be good to your mum and dad. They are the ones that make sure you are not sitting in your own filth every day.

If you want assvice on how to save for the therapy talk to me, I’m an expert in messing up my kids. While most parents put money away for their child’s future college cost Sgt and I have been investing in something we call the Therapy Fund. We know one day the boys will need it.

Anita April 3, 2007 at 4:39 am

geeky April 3, 2007 at 6:30 am

do they make one of those fancy egg times for non-baby having people? because i could seriously use one.

Tuesday April 3, 2007 at 7:57 am

The shots are the worst part of being a parent.
Well that and the stinky diapers.
Oh and sleepless nights.
I could go on and on…

just another jenny April 3, 2007 at 12:23 pm

That timer thing looks pretty cool, I wonder if I’ll be able to find one up here in the great white north? We have about 10% of the cool shit you guys do – thank god for internet shopping.

Chris April 4, 2007 at 8:31 am

One month already. Sheesh. The shots got me too. It doesn’t get easier but you do reach a time at which there won’t be any for a long time.

jesser April 4, 2007 at 9:12 am

I saw you mention that itzbeen thing before … now I can see its merit. Might have to buy me one of them. I also need a babymonitor …

Kate April 4, 2007 at 10:39 pm

Okay, the itzbeen thing? Cool idea, but the copy on the site is KILLING ME:

“So they invented one. And alas, ITZBEEN™ was born.”

Alas? Alas?? I think they mean “at last.” I mean, it sounds like they’re sighing and regretting the whole ordeal.