Too much free time.

by statia on March 1, 2007

Yesterday was my last day of work. The last time I didn’t have a job, was 2001 when I was laid off from a start up. I had a very boring and relaxing summer and I loved it. Right now, I’m going out of my fucking gourd not having anything to do. I’m not used to having this free time (still not sleeping, so the first person that says “enjoy the free time while you can, because it’ll be gone soon”, well, let’s just say I’m doling OUT extra neck punches, because yes, I am very aware that I won’t have free time. I get it. I’m not delusional and really, I can’t turn back now). I am actually itching to work. I dreamt about work last night and then promptly im’d my boss this morning to talk numbers.

I’m a sick bastard and when the hell did I become so not lazy?

Anyway, I need you to entertain me. And by entertain me, I mean, I’m going to blantantly rip off Chris and Beth and make you do all the work. It’s question time. What do you want to know about me? If I’m going to get into this laziness thing, I need to delegate.

Which means this will create some work for me. See how that works? Then I won’t be lazy anymore. So you’re really essentially helping me keep my skills sharp.

Get hopping people. Make it interesting. (but not so interesting that you come off as a perv. You dirty perv).

M@ March 1, 2007 at 9:02 am

So do you like…um nevermind just saw the no perv part.

Are you still glad you made the move to CA?

Ms. Pants March 1, 2007 at 9:10 am

I’d like a play-by-sarcastic-play of the birthing if you’re up for it. Cos I need to hear it from people who won’t be all maple-nut-fucking-crunch about how it’s the most wonderful experience blah blah.

And before that, I’d like some photos of G-man and Mia being all cute. Especially if “being cute” means that one of them has the other’s head in his mouth. I’m just sayin.

DD March 1, 2007 at 9:24 am

Tell us about where or who you have acquired your witty sense of humor.

(maybe I’m exaggerating about the “witty” and maybe even the “sense of humor”, but I’m just trying to help you out here…oh, now, now, you know I love ya!)

- and -

Tell us what you LIKED about being pregnant.

Tracy March 1, 2007 at 9:41 am

Wait a minute – aren’t you supposed to be NESTING or something? Shouldn’t you be scrubbing things down with a toothbrush by now?

Cortney March 1, 2007 at 9:55 am

Who do you think will do diaper duty (doody…hehe) the most, you or the Meester?

Merrin March 1, 2007 at 10:19 am

M&M’s…plain or peanut?

SSFB March 1, 2007 at 10:33 am

Are you going back to work after-birth or are you taking some time off?

I second Ms. Pants on the picture notion with all your new found spare time ;)

Do you have names picked out already? ….well I guess name (single) since you already know what you’re having. Do you have a blogging code name already picked out? Or will you still be refering to “the fetus” when s/he goes off to college?

How/why did you get started in blogging? It seems like lots of people do because they have some sort of computer-design-savvy job related skills.

Bre March 1, 2007 at 10:33 am

You’ve mentioned moving back East a couple of times. Is that still in the cards? What do you miss about it and what will you miss about Cali if you go?

(Hi, I’m a long-time lurker and I just want to say I’m very happy for you and your meester.)

Faith March 1, 2007 at 10:38 am

D’ya liiike..bread?

Lisa March 1, 2007 at 10:48 am

Still collecting stickas? Which are better, glittery or fuzzy?

What’s your favorite card game/board game/online time waster?

If you decided to go back to school, what would you like to study?

Name a place you’ve never been but you’ve always wanted to go visit. What about that place appeals to you most?

What’s your favorite movie?

What’s the biggest pregnancy craving you’ve experienced? (Besides sleep – sorry that’s not working for you, seriously.)

OK, that’s probably enough for one person so I’ll sit back and await answers. :-D

Vanessa March 1, 2007 at 11:12 am

On your blog, can we call the kid Lucky after it’s born? Like, Lucky the Leprechaun? Does that put you off? I mean, I have no doubt Fetus will be Magically Delicious, after all, but I totally leave it up to you.

the Narcissist March 1, 2007 at 11:27 am

Well, I’m a new reader, so I know next to nothing about you other than your fetus is about to pop out. So I suppose I’ll ask, what’s the one thing you would most want someone to remember about you?

geeky March 1, 2007 at 11:34 am

Favorite candy?
What did you like best about living in Philly?
Any regrets in life, big or small?
If you won $1 million and didn’t have to be responsible with it (ie pay bills, donate, etc), what’s the first thing you would buy?

Danya March 1, 2007 at 12:28 pm

Have you guys have picked out a name for Fetus? (Just yes or no, I’m not asking you to share the name or anything.) If yes was it an easy to do?

Hope all is well.

Angela March 1, 2007 at 12:50 pm

Breast feed or formula? Cloth or plastic diapers? (I’m grossed out by the thought of the cloth, but hey they are more environmentally & wallet friendly)
How many days until you think that maybe should have a stay at home husband while you work?
Did you have a single name picked out quickly, or are you still considering names?
By the way I’m a frequent reader, just don’t typically post… so a stranger I guess…

SarahD March 1, 2007 at 12:58 pm

Where do you get the best stickers?

buddha March 1, 2007 at 1:04 pm

So. Which do you prefer?

Old Darren or New Darren on Bewitched?

grace March 1, 2007 at 1:38 pm

Not much mention of the Sims lately. Have you given up on all your Simmy families, and have you gotten the new Sims seasons yet?

Oh, I’m a long time lurker, just love your sarcastic nature. Good look with the babe!

grace

grace March 1, 2007 at 1:38 pm

I meant LUCK, not look, although your kid will probably be a good look too!

BeachGirl March 1, 2007 at 1:52 pm

I’ve been wondering how you met the meester. I remember reading that it was through blogging, but how’d you meet in person? Inquiring minds want to know.

skits March 1, 2007 at 3:15 pm

Celebrity Sex Camp: You get one dream date for each night of the week. 7. You’re allowed one (and one alternate) celebrity dream date per night. Choose. But, choose wisely, because you can’t use the same person twice.

Jenn March 1, 2007 at 3:37 pm

You know you should try to sleep now while you can ;)

Mariska Hargitay, still hot or lose the bangs? (ok so not about you, but at least it’s a question)

just another jenny March 5, 2007 at 4:39 pm

Did I miss question period? Like you, I am losing my ability to sit at a computer.

Forget favorite, what was your least favorite part of pregnancy?