Brunch on Thursday? Oh, I can’t, I’m incredibly busy.

by statia on March 26, 2007

The commercial with Sally Field for Boniva completely fucking bugs the shit out of me. She goes on to talk about how her friend was thrilled to find out that instead of taking one pill a week, she could take one once a month and free up a whole lot of time.

Like taking a pill once a week really puts a damper on your social calendar.

donna March 26, 2007 at 7:16 pm

I know, like you have to set aside a couple hours to take a pill?

Dee Dee March 26, 2007 at 7:29 pm

I agree completely. It’s one of the stupidest arguments out there…

SSFB March 26, 2007 at 7:50 pm

I know I regular use up my whole lunch break just taking my BCP… such a drag

Jenn March 26, 2007 at 8:08 pm

Bugs me too. You do have to sit or stand upright for 30 minutes after taking it, but, come on.

bitca March 26, 2007 at 8:20 pm

I was totally going to call into work tomorrow because I had to take a pill. Does this mean I can’t?

LInda March 26, 2007 at 9:40 pm

Hey, I’m taking 7 shots a day right now. Can I apply for disability?

I am so glad to see that motherhood hasn’t put a dent in you!! :o ) You’ve got to get TiVo so you can just buzz right by the idiotic commercials.

grace March 26, 2007 at 10:09 pm

That is the WORST commercial EVER!

I take pills, but somehow still manage to make it to work everyday. Damn, I don’t know how I do it!

Lenni March 27, 2007 at 6:33 am

That was the commercial I hated the most until the new Quizno’s commercial with the retarded girl at the end who says something about how every woman needs more meat and then laughs this laugh that makes me want to punch her in the face.

Tanya March 27, 2007 at 6:45 am

I’m with Lenni. I can handle the Boniva commercial, but that Quizno woman’s laugh makes me burn things.

Stephanie March 27, 2007 at 6:46 am

I was totally thinking the same thing. I thought that maybe I was missing something about what you had to do once you took the pill.

Pluck a hair from the chin of a dwarf, perhaps?

EJW March 27, 2007 at 7:34 am

My husband actually turns off the television when he sees Sally Field reach for her calendar.

Of course, then we discuss (for the remaining 58 seconds) how much you’d REALLY save. Say 30 seconds a week, 4 weeks a month, 12 months a year, 15 years of bone strengtheners. That’s a good 6 hours of your life that Boniva can save!

Lady In Waiting March 27, 2007 at 7:48 am

I was JUST complaining about that commercial to my husband the other night. It is so ridiculous – I just can’t imagine someone coming up with that with a straight face and someone else saying, “Yes. That will get old ladies to switch.”

Chris March 27, 2007 at 8:14 am

I love that ad because I’ve asked the same thing. How hard is it to take a fucking pill? Apparently bone problems make you stupid and it takes hours to figure out how to swallow something.

erica March 27, 2007 at 10:10 am

I’m getting deja vu because I’m sure I saw someone mention this on another blog (can’t remember which one though) and some commenters pointed out that the medication could make you sick and wipe you out for a day… or something like that?

erica March 27, 2007 at 10:27 am

Ah yes, found it at the sarcastic journalist. Apparently it makes people pretty sick – http://shenuts.com/?p=2009

SarahD March 27, 2007 at 11:04 am

I have to turn the radio immediately when I hear that commercial start. The way she says “Boniva” bugs me. Also, as if her doctor just happened to recommend it to her before it was even released to the public. They obviously sought her out, so why lie?

And to agree with the commenters above, the Quiznoes commercial with the hyena girl at the end is really annoying and SciFi plays it every break to boot. I’ll run from wherever I am in the room just to mute it before she launches into her, “It’s not LACKin any MEAT.”

Faith March 27, 2007 at 11:19 am

How about that commercial for whatever the latest craze in birth control is…the one where it appears to be a girl’s night, and the one starts spouting off all this medical mumbo jumbo about whatever the fuck pill it is she’s advertising, and then her friend is all, “Wow, you really know your stuff!” and they all giggle about it, and the know-it-all says, “Well, I didn’t go to medical school for nothing!” or some shit, and they all laugh again.

This is not a normal scenario. At least, not for me it ain’t. If I hung out with a friend like that, I’d take to staying home and knitting on girls’ nights.

Mollywogger March 27, 2007 at 11:42 am

Ha ha ha! We always laugh about how horribly awful it would be to have to remember to take ONE PILL A WEEK! My god, what an utter drag! Why even bother living?!

asha March 27, 2007 at 1:28 pm

Hi, Statia, how do you like your RSB? Wanna post a review? :) As though you have nothing else to do right now!

Pamela March 27, 2007 at 3:54 pm

Heh.

“You like me! You really like me…”

Why am I not surprised.

Some forms of dweeb just get older.

Chris Vicious March 27, 2007 at 4:43 pm

What bugs the shit out of me is that a blog-post like this gets so many fucking responses.

Oh, wait…

Kate March 27, 2007 at 11:08 pm

I thought it was me. Mostly I’m angry at Sally for agreeing to read such a freakin’ idiotic line.

Chris is just jealous. Tastes like…bitter?