Big salt lick

by statia on February 2, 2007

So our landlord is selling our house. I’m getting to be an old pro at this now. Except that this time, I’m kind of having a baby. And it’s a little more stressful.

Having been through this once, I refuse to be walked all over by a real estate agent, just because she wants to get her 6% commission. Especially now, being pregnant. Because I don’t know if you noticed. I am really fucking cranky. People just don’t seem to understand that we have dogs, and hello? Liability. If you just come into my house, without me knowing and something happens, well, I hope you didn’t cherish your yam bags too much, buddy.

Suddenly, I am very very tired.

geeky February 2, 2007 at 2:33 pm

oh man, talk about bad timing! i hear there are lots of houses in philly though… :)

Erin February 2, 2007 at 3:33 pm

Yam. Bags.
But seriously that is really sucky timing.

DD February 2, 2007 at 3:39 pm

Maybe one margarita won’t hurt this late in the pregnancy?

SJW February 2, 2007 at 6:07 pm

Oh man, I am so sorry. Had this kind of scenario a couple years ago, sans pregnancy, but things worked out pretty well. Bottom line, every realtor who shows the place has to give you 24 hours notice before entering. And if their visit doesn’t work for you, I’m sure you’ll tell them to go to hell in a very nice (and effective) way.

Chris February 2, 2007 at 6:11 pm

That? Blows. Blows big elephants. When do you have to move? I pray its not on your due date.

Mel February 2, 2007 at 6:33 pm

I really dislike realestate agents. They are greedy and worthless. You don’t need them to buy or sell a house. If you are buying, at least you don’t have to pay it. If you buy a home w/o an agent, I would ask for 3% of the sale price since it’s no impact to the seller and is a bigger impact to you. Just a thought. I hope that you work out your living arangements soon.

Lenni February 2, 2007 at 6:57 pm

geez! It seems like you JUST got settled. Thats shitty.

Lisa February 2, 2007 at 7:22 pm

Holy crap, that sucks! :( What’s the timing on the move?

Camille February 3, 2007 at 5:22 am

Dude, that sucks!

just another jenny February 3, 2007 at 8:58 am

Shit, that really sucks. I’m sure the meester really wanted to take down and re-assemble that beautiful crib. Hopefully the dogs get there fill of real estate agent yam bags.

Lut C. February 3, 2007 at 11:14 am

Oh fun! Will they be hiring a cleaner for you? After all, they can’t expect a cranky PG woman to make their sale for them. How big a mess can you make in there?

erica February 3, 2007 at 11:47 am

Certainly late pregnancy is a good plea in court for beating the hell out of real estate agents?

Then again, the whole dog vs yam bag thing also has it’s merits!

mac February 4, 2007 at 6:47 am

Dude. That sucks. Perhaps a horrible curse on the house owner is in order?

cee February 4, 2007 at 8:04 am

Ohh no, I’m so sorry to hear of this that you certainly don’t need right now.

Minawolf February 5, 2007 at 5:18 am

Yeah, it’s definitely one of our concerns when we decide to sell but more so for the kitty cats. Mine DO NOT like strangers and will literally cry if they’re even looked at by strangers. Plus, I have no idea when they’ll decide to throw up and the real estate person will come home to a bit of puke on the floor.

ssfb February 5, 2007 at 8:27 am

Well that pretty much blows!… I’d be happy to loan you our Tegus if you need something else to scare people away.

moi February 5, 2007 at 9:59 am

gah. I absolutely DETEST it when landlords come in unannounced. I can always tell in our place because he pees all over the toilet seat.

jesser February 5, 2007 at 12:07 pm

Oh THAT sucks!! I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you have an easy transition or that the whole thing blows over or something!! I can’t even imagine moving right now. But at least you’d get out of doing much lifting. :P

Linda February 6, 2007 at 11:01 pm

Hey, they need to give you at least 24 hours notice to show the property…so hold them to it if you want. Also, you can tell the owner that you don’t want a lockbox and that you’ll be there when people are there to let them in. Sorry you’re having to go through this right now. This sucks!