You beautiful bastards

by statia on January 12, 2007

Well, while you guys were rapid fire commenting yesterday, I actually got extremely busy at work. As in, zero fuck off time, which seriously. I blame all of you, because the day I wanted to be finding some new shit on the world wide web, it went to shit. My phone wouldn’t stop ringing, my email wouldn’t stop being emailed and Fetus was all sorts of pissed off because “woman, do you realize that it’s dangerously past lunchtime?”

But I digress. Thank you. Sometimes it’s nice to know who’s reading. Because sometimes, the lurkers out there, it creeps me out a little. Not that I pour my heart and soul into this thing, it’s really just banal shit I say here, but still. And really, I can’t say that I don’t lurk too. I do. Even when I try not to. So yeah, I got some new feeds out of the deal, and that makes me happy. Especially these days, when the brunt of my excitement is parking my ass on the sofa, laptop in lap.

As for the crib thing, well, let’s just say that the part needs to be sent to us, and it’ll take 60 to 90 days. It kind of pisses me off, but there’s not much I can do about it. Parts is parts. The good thing is, that the crack in the end piece is cosmetic, not structural, so we (and by we, I mean the Meester) were able to put the crib together last night. I stayed far away while the swearing ensued. I even giggled a little, because hearing “son of a mother fucking WHORE” repeatedly gets really funny after awhile. I think it’s safe to say that the Meester, once excited about putting his child’s crib together is completely over it. He’s now gotten his membership to parenthood card and even though the crib looks all pretty and nice, he regularly open’s the door to Fetus’s room to flip the crib the bird.

And there’s still that whole replacement part thing.

I have a feeling with a screaming infant, that’s going to be a swingin’ good time.

M@ January 12, 2007 at 10:26 pm

lol. That’s all I got. :)

robyn January 12, 2007 at 11:16 pm

Not sure on yours – but we got one of those fancified cribs that turns into a daybed when they’re bigger. Todd had to alter the crib once with N when we dropped the mattress down from “newborn height” to “big-baby height” and there was so much swearing (almost as much as the original assembly itself) that he said F-it when T was born, and the mattress stayed where it was. There was no “newborn height” the second time around. And the daybed feature now that T’s big enough to need it soon? I got another “F-that – we’re moving him straight to a toddler bed!”

DD January 13, 2007 at 7:37 am

I don’t know what you have done with your instructions, but since it will be a couple of years before you need them again (and oh yeah, you’ll need them), tape them to the back/bottom of the crib or the cussing that was heard now will be heard again by a 2 year old willing to parrot everything you say.

SSFB January 13, 2007 at 8:23 am

I’m here I’m here! I missed the count the other day.

Dooneybug January 13, 2007 at 8:57 am

So where the hell are the pictures?

Lut C. January 13, 2007 at 11:07 am

Ah the joys of furniture assembley!

Pange January 14, 2007 at 3:09 pm

Ummm…I missed the delurking event the other day, but I’m here. *waving hands* And I’m not a lunatic, I swear. Or a stalker or anything of the sort.

I just find you funny. And I’ve been reading your page so long that I have no idea how I got here other than it must have been through Fertility Friend somehow.

And I bet the furniture is just lovely. Even with the crack. :)

jesser January 15, 2007 at 6:52 am

What is it about cribs?!?! Ours was a nightmare to put together. It had some of the shoddiest instructions I’ve ever seen .. how is it that IKEA manages to do way better without any words??

Chris January 15, 2007 at 8:31 am

When we bought our crib, a wonderful thing happened. Two nice men came and delivered it then proceeded to break out a tool box and assemble it. Sure, I missed that rite of passage but I was pretty darn thrilled.

moi January 15, 2007 at 10:11 am