Horn blows, how about you?

by statia on January 1, 2007

Ahh New Years. Aside of Valentines Day, my least favorite holiday. It’s a day of broken promises to oneself and too much pressure to stay awake or party the night before. This year, I totally used the baby excuse to the extreme (see: gestating is HARD). Every year I at least make it to midnight, just to see the ball drop, but I generally don’t go out of my way to do anything special. I spent too many years trying to find the perfect thing to do on New Years Eve and it always blew the load too early. December of 2006 was the month I marked “I don’t care” and if that isn’t a resolution I followed right until 11:59:59, well, you can’t call me a quitter. I actually had no intention of even trying to stay up this year. Hell, staying awake until 9:30 these days is living on the edge. But I actually made it to midnight, quite by accident. I think it was because there was an Ace of Cakes marathon on, and if there’s one way to keep a pregnant woman awake, it’s to put a cake marathon on TV.

But I’m totally feeling it today. I’ve finally hit that point in my pregnancy where I’m uncomfortable all the time. It hurts like a bitch to sleep. My back hurts, my hips hurt, my ribs hurt. It all just hurts and no matter how I try, I just can’t get comfortable. The only saving grace is getting up every two hours, like clockwork, to pee, which gives me a chance to get back in bed on the other side of my body and not have to wrestle with myself to repeatedly roll over. And it’s ok, I’m not really complaining, because I know this is just how it’s going to be from now until Fetus gets here.

Right now, the only thing I’m focusing on for 2007, is Fetus’s arrival.

71 days to go.

erika January 1, 2007 at 10:26 am

*lol* And then it’ll be getting up every two hours to walk to the baby’s room.

It irritated the crap out of me when everyone said it – over and over and over – to me, but enjoy what sleep you ARE getting right now. It could be a long time before you see it again. ;-)

(Yes, I just said it to you even though it irritated the crap out of me. You earn the right to say things like that once you give birth. ;-) )

Kathy January 1, 2007 at 1:26 pm

Haw

donna January 1, 2007 at 1:58 pm

Yeah, NYE sucks. Such a forced event. I made it to midnight, but didn’t see the ball drop, then off to bed I went.

I hope you, the Meester and Fetus have a wonderful, happy, and healthy 2007!

meegan January 1, 2007 at 3:20 pm

i’m not a huge fan of new years either. all the resolutions and expectations for the new year make me anxious.
71 days and your world will be rocked in the most awesome way possible. so cool.

Lisa January 1, 2007 at 3:50 pm

I spent the night home by myself. It was nice. My roommate went out to friends’ and my sweetie was at a party. I just didn’t feel social, so the cat and I watched a movie.

I wish you much joy in 2007. 71 days! Wow.

geeky January 1, 2007 at 4:32 pm

dude, i love ace of cakes.

Linda January 2, 2007 at 12:35 am

71 days? Damn. Time might be dragging for you because of the discomfort, but since I’ve been following your pregnany it just seems like this went by so fast. Hell, it was like just yesterday when you were getting ready to tell Dr. Moustache to kiss off. Where did the time go?

jesser January 2, 2007 at 6:59 am

I find that I have my good nights and my bad nights. On my good nights I’m either so incredibly exhausted that I sleep soundly or I’ve taken a Benedryl. Usually I wake up with really fun pains somewhere …

Good luck with the next 71 days.

robyn January 2, 2007 at 7:00 am

Cannot believe it’s been three years now since you were here watching me go through the same misery at the end… Bring on ’07 – I think it’s going to be the best one yet for both of us! *smooch*

Chris January 2, 2007 at 10:58 am

Dude, I was watching the cake dude too. I still didn’t make it to midnight though.

Audrey January 2, 2007 at 2:20 pm

My aching pregnant hips entered my dream early this morning — and then I woke up and had to manuever myself into a more comfortable position. I keep reminding myself that the little sleep I’m getting now is nothing compared to having a newborn… My “resolution” for the year? To have a baby, which shouldn’t be too hard, seeing how I’m due March 6th. Maybe that can be your resolution, too!

cuz January 2, 2007 at 4:57 pm

Happy New Year from me and my adoreable wife (your cuz). I am glad to see you and Meester and fetus are doing well. Didja know she never saw the pics I took of y’all having dinner when you came up to visit? Have you seen em?

Minawolf January 3, 2007 at 4:58 am

I have ALOT longer to go and I’m already uncomfortable. Your words scare me.

PaintingChef January 3, 2007 at 10:27 am

Oh my GOD I’ve never even heard of this Ace of Cakes! How have I been MISSING THIS SHOW!?!?

michele January 4, 2007 at 12:09 pm

“enjoy the sleep while you can get it…” blah, blah, blah. To an extent, they have a point. Once the baby is here, you get a whole lot less ‘time’ for sleep. But the quality of sleep you get will be sooo much better. Pregnancy sleep sucks. It hurts and I just kept wishing morning would come. That’s just my two cents. Hang in there! :)

tracey January 4, 2007 at 8:19 pm

Not that you asked for any assvice, but have you checked out the Snoogle pillow for your aching pregnant body ? It saved me – I could get it between my knees and under my belly at the same time. Glorious. Wow, I just realized that description sounded kind of dirty. No wonder I liked it.