Not feelin’ it.

by statia on November 30, 2006

For the person that never shuts up, I don’t really have anything to say. It’s been a completely boring week. We’ve painted Fetus’s room, bought a grocery getter, put shoes on our dog (which seriously, is the FUNNIEST SHIT EVER) and hung up some Christmas lights. Yeah, that’s about it. I’d love to tell you that life is interesting and action packed right now, but it’s not. I sit around and gestate all day. That’s hard enough work for me.

I took the glucose screen for gestational diabetes yesterday. Honestly? It wasn’t that bad. I don’t know what people make such a big deal about. It’s like a thicker orange drink, but really not all that sickening. The woman made me drink it super fast as the office was closing for lunch in an hour and god forbid I keep her from her lunchbox any later than usual. I haven’t gotten the results yet, but I’m fully expecting to fail at least the first one and quite possibly the second one.

You think staring at the phone, I can will my doctor’s office to call?

Also, I’m getting jealous at all of the people getting snow lately. It’s been freezing here. WHERE IS MY SNOW?

Camille November 30, 2006 at 12:42 pm

i totally hear ya about the snow. we moved from FM a few months ago where we pretty much experienced ice when there, only for them to get snow today! now i’m in podunk nowhere where i don’t think it ever snows. it sucks.

Merrin November 30, 2006 at 12:43 pm

True, we did get some snow here in the Mound, but mostly? It’s ice. That means no driving.

Camille November 30, 2006 at 12:43 pm

how rude of me. i’m so pissed about the snow that i forgot to say…
i hope you passed your glucose test.

girl November 30, 2006 at 12:47 pm

You put shoes on the dog and you haven’t put any pictures of it on Flickr? What’s wrong with you, woman?!

Osteff November 30, 2006 at 1:15 pm

Down the road from the Mound here in Aledo we got snow, in fact it is blowing snow now, hoping for a drift!

Jennifer November 30, 2006 at 3:41 pm

Muaahaa! I have all your snow… Well, not ALL of it. Just enough to go slide down a hill on a garbage bag… But isn’t that enough?

Jenn November 30, 2006 at 7:34 pm

I actually liked the orange drink. I felt cheated when they didn’t bother giving it to me again when I was pregnant.

It is SO WARM here (Maryland). I’ve been out shopping in a t-shirt. I want snow!

Donna November 30, 2006 at 8:41 pm

It was 38 degrees here last night, but no snow. Guess we’ll all have to move to Seattle.

Deltus November 30, 2006 at 9:43 pm

*pops head up over barricade where I’ve been hiding, throws snowball at Statia, ducks back down, giggles like idiot*

EJW December 1, 2006 at 5:07 am

We’re getting our first snowfall right now. You can have it if you want, I am not interested in shoveling or late busses or stupid drivers or icy blasts down my neck.

jesser December 1, 2006 at 6:28 am

Shoes on dogs are hilarious. We lived with my parents for like 2 months before we bought our house and she was a really old golden … and used to carpet. She couldn’t stand on hard wood. So we bought her booties with rubber soles and when one fell off, she’d bring it to us to put back on her. So cute.

Glad the glucose screen wasn’t too bad. I’ve got mine a week from Mon …

Mollywogger December 1, 2006 at 7:50 am

Um, YOUR SNOW IS IN FUCKING WISCONSIN. Please come take as much as you want.

Audrey December 4, 2006 at 9:40 am

I had my GD test on Wednesday and I agree with you — not nearly as bad as I had aniticipated it to be. Also, I haven’t heard from my midwife which means I passed…which I wasn’t so sure I would.

Good luck witht the gestating — it’s much harder work/sucks more energy than my husband will ever believe!!

robyn December 4, 2006 at 11:35 am

People make a big deal out of it because some of us get violently ill from the taste of the drink, projectile vomit it, and have to start the test over from the start…only for our levels to spike to the point we get dizzy and faint and have to have our heartrate monitored… And YOU didn’t have to fast for 12-hours before yours on top of that. Do you know what pure sugar does to a fetus who hasn’t had anything to eat for 12 hours and is NOT happy about it, after you’ve already woken them up because your puking registered on the Richter scale? ;-p

Kathy December 4, 2006 at 12:35 pm

This one time? I was impaled by a whole tree trunk.