Will you settle for a trick?

by statia on October 15, 2006

Pregnancy and Halloween are a very dangerous combo. I think, if you don’t mind, I’ll just borrow the pounds from November, January, and February to make up for the weight I’ll gain in October, and December. And why yes, of course I had to buy my candy early, or else we’d be the house that gave away the shitty candy in the neighborhood.

Moo.

Lori October 16, 2006 at 6:21 am

I recently saw an article that discussed the latest research showing that babies of mothers who ate a lot of chocolate during pregnancy were happier. I’m not even making that up.

Trish October 16, 2006 at 6:36 am

At least you have a valid excuse to gain weight during the holidays!

Steff October 16, 2006 at 7:18 am

Chocolate addictions must start somewhere so why not while the baby is still growing!

I am sure the chocolate will intensify your glow!

courtney October 16, 2006 at 11:15 am

I saw that article about the chocolate too. I ate a ton of chocolate when I was pregnant with my daughter and she was a very easy going and happy baby. Keep eating!

Faith October 16, 2006 at 11:37 am

I discussed it with a friend over the weekend, and I simply do NOT have the funds to be part of The Chocolate Fairy party this year. I’m gonna be the Halloween grinch, shut off my porch light and close the curtains and ignore the knocks at the door.

Next year will be better, I’m sure. I hope, anyway. Shit, how can I get my hands on a time machine so I can go back and make my mother eat more chocolate when she was pregnant with me and my twin?

Donna October 16, 2006 at 12:00 pm

Since we live in the boonies and the houses are a quarter mile apart, we never get trick or treaters. Does that stop me from gleefully buying bite-sized chocolate confections? Nooooo.

robyn October 17, 2006 at 7:07 pm

Dude, you forgot to account for the dessert table at Thanksgiving. November is a wash, too.