When “sprinkle when you tinkle” goes overboard.

by statia on October 24, 2006

California has a lot of people from other countries. Probably more so than any other state. A lot of them from countries where they squat over a hole in the floor to go to the bathroom. When they come over to America, they tend to not know about this practice of what we call sitting on the toilet. The other day, I go into a stall where the seat was FLOODED with piss. I’m not talking like, a small splash, NO. I’m talking full on covered in piss. I literally gagged several times.

Seriously, I’m lobbying that the first thing customs gives out when people move here or visit, is a fucking brochure on how to use a god damned fucking American toilet. I shouldn’t have to wipe someone else’s entire bladder contents off the seat.

Kathy October 24, 2006 at 1:54 pm

*pees on your office chair*

Wendy October 24, 2006 at 2:09 pm

That happens all the time here! ALL THE TIME. We’ve even had shit on the bathroom floor, for what I’m presuming is the same damn reason.

And it’s only on my end of the building. Lovely.

Steff October 24, 2006 at 2:52 pm

I have two little boys who are not very good aimers but they know how to use a clorox clean up wipey!

If your darling fetus is a male you will be thrilled at his aiming strategies.

But there is no reason for any one to leave their piss in a public bathroom!

SJW October 24, 2006 at 3:34 pm

Ew. My favorites are those who leave the disposable “sanitary” toilet seat cover on the toilet seat after they leave the stall.

There’s a certain irony in that situation that just cracks. me. up.

Ornery October 24, 2006 at 4:27 pm

This is truly one of my pet peeves, especially if it’s in a stall that has disposable seat covers. Disgusting.

lisa in nj October 24, 2006 at 5:56 pm

I can not stand that. How the heck do you pee all over the seat? DRIVES ME NUTS!!!! YUCK

Dooneybug October 24, 2006 at 6:56 pm

That’s nasty.

I will say however, that I would never, EVER sit on a public toilet – toilet seat cover or not. But I’d also never, EVER piss all over it either. That’s just disgusting.

Some Girl October 24, 2006 at 8:10 pm

This explains a lot. I never would have put that together. I just thought that men used the women’s room.

Also, I am currently watching a documentary about women married to men who cross dress. I just thought that you would like to know this is what I am doing while looking for a job in the city. Lots of TV watching going on here.

Tonya October 24, 2006 at 10:12 pm

Oh yeah, totally disgusting!

I once visited another site of my company locally, and they actually had to post signs inside the toilet stalls showing a pair of feet on a toilet seat in a big red circle with a line through it. Apparently some guy fell off while standing on a toilet seat and hurt himself, so it was a total CYA maneuver. Erm, well… not exactly, but you know what I mean.

Lisa October 24, 2006 at 11:06 pm

OMG – I totally never connected the two: being from a country where one must squat over a hole in the ground and pissing all over the toilet seat. That is one of the grossest things I have ever had to deal with. Ew, ew EW!!

Chris October 25, 2006 at 4:52 am

“Give us your tired, your poor…but only if you learn to take a leak right…”

Camille October 25, 2006 at 5:47 am

yea, that is so f’n disgusting. i just don’t understand how: a)someone does that and b) doesn’t notice or c) doesn’t care enough to clean it up.

girl October 25, 2006 at 6:39 am

I have the worst fucking luck when it comes to public restrooms. Either every single one of the seats has piss on it or the only one that’s not occupied does. I can never fucking win.

Oh, and I hate to break it to all of you squatter germ phobes, but there are more germs on money and your car keys than on a public toilet seat. Yeah, yeah.. I watch MythBusters. Bite me. ;-)

Ms. Pants October 25, 2006 at 7:03 am

We had that problem at the evil manufacturing plant. Finally, one of the not-so-FOBs explained that the employees were actually standing up on the toilet seats and then squatting over them. I guess they’re used to holes or troughs on the ground or something? Anyway, yeah–they actually had a class on how to use an American toilet.

Then they just kept pissing and shitting everywhere just to be assholes.

Jenny October 25, 2006 at 1:15 pm

That’s funny! I guess in Canada they do teach immigrants how to use a toilet. A friend of mine from Yugoslavia told me she was offended when they taught her how to use a toilet as if she was coming from a third world country – now I understand why though. On a funny note, my husband went to Japan where they squat over a hole and a co-worker of his shit all over his pants, I guess that’s what happens in reverse.

Tuesday October 26, 2006 at 9:07 am

So gross

Linda October 28, 2006 at 12:01 am

Ick. I think I’d put post-it notes in every stall to shame the person that did that into changing their pee habits.