GIMMEH SOME CANDEH!!

by statia on October 16, 2006

While rummaging at the bottomless pit that is my handbag looking for change for my new favorite food group: The Vending Machine, because I don’t care if it’s true or not, it’s true enough for me, hearing that chocolate is good for pregnant women, I came across two tampons.

That run-on just made me need a nap.

During the first trimester, I could totally justify keeping those tampons in my bag. In fact, I refused to take them out, because “what if?” It was a total crutch and I leaned on it until my armpits hurt. Now? Considering I’m nearing the halfway point (!?!?) and these aren’t bischon frise’s, but indeed regular absorbency tampons, I’m guessing I can take them out of my handbag.

But I still don’t want to can’t bring myself to do it. Like rituals I have for watching Red Sox games, pulling these tampons out of my bag will completely throw my universe into a major paradigm shift.

Jen-Again October 16, 2006 at 2:08 pm

Since they are of the regular size variety and not the super dupers, you could always justify keeping them in your purse for nosebleeds…

just sayin. No need to get all uber fertile “I am havin a baybee I don’t need no tampons in my purse” just yet. Save the tossing of the tampons for when you REALLY need the extra space- for leftover halloween candy.

Leave the willy nilly personal hygiene product removal from handbags to the ones who expect a baby from the first double line.

Lori October 16, 2006 at 3:04 pm

I’m sure I’ve got some in my bag as well. Honestly, it never occurred to me to take them out.
Now go eat some more chocolate.

fran October 16, 2006 at 3:31 pm

*shakes and rattles your paradigm*

Erin October 16, 2006 at 4:34 pm

I kept my entire stash of tampons in my purse during the entire pregnancy. In the hospital, when I was about to deliver, my husband went into my purse to get my insurance card and was all “wtf did you bring these for?”

donna October 16, 2006 at 5:33 pm

Why mess with it? Leave well enough alone.

While you’re at it, don’t get rid of the flask of whiskey or the crack pipe either. You never know when you might need a little pick-me-up.

jen October 16, 2006 at 6:23 pm

“and these aren’t bischon frise’s” …

HAAAAAAHAHAHAAAA!!

eh. Sorry. That just hit me funneh bone.

Tonya October 16, 2006 at 10:27 pm

I never got up the nerve to remove them from my bag, either. After the 2nd trimester, I saw them as some kind of freaky good luck charm, and I felt if I removed them I was just asking for trouble. Totally illogical to most, but I imagine you get it.

Vanessa October 16, 2006 at 11:12 pm

Nothing wrong with rituals.

Or bichon frises.

SSFB October 17, 2006 at 6:21 am

I’d keep ‘em in my purse and start considering them my lucky tampons. People mount horseshoes on the wall for good luck, why not lucky tampons? When it’s all over get them framed ;)

Alison October 17, 2006 at 6:45 am

You could always replace them with candy bars, they’re anly a little bit bigger. But just so you know – candy bars go in your mouth, not your vagina. :P

millie October 17, 2006 at 1:58 pm

Maybe it’s just time for a new purse? Nothing wrong with a little shopping.

robyn October 17, 2006 at 7:10 pm

Remind me to tell you about my SIL’s just-announced ‘baby plan’. You know, for when you’re wearing a Depend because you’ll laugh so hard you’ll pee.