Avoid the big head birthing situation

by statia on October 5, 2006

The meester? He was over ten pounds. He also has an exceptionally large head which makes me fear the birthing process. I think I’ve found a way around that.

DUH! It’s so OBVIOUS!! Why didn’t I think of this before? I mean, I could become a two pack a dayer.

Obviously tongue in cheek people. I’ve never smoked ever and thanks to years of being around my smoking family, I have asthma. Fucking idiot kids.

And also? C-section. For other medical reasons. No big head birthing for me! Pass the mashed potatoes.

Jenny October 5, 2006 at 7:25 am

I think I’ve heard of everything now. They’ll “take up smoking” yet birthcontrol didn’t seem like a good idea? You know your getting old when you want to say “damn kids these days”.

geeky October 5, 2006 at 7:40 am

i swear, i read a similar news story last year, and i’m still all “wtf”.

at least you’re not going to have to give birth to two 8lb babies at the same time!

Lisa October 5, 2006 at 7:46 am

Ah, the C-Section was blissfully labor-free. Even the spinal block didn’t hurt.

Kathy October 5, 2006 at 7:57 am

Labor? What labor? *snicker*

donna October 5, 2006 at 8:02 am

I do not know how some people manage to make it through life. I honestly don’t.

Well done indeed on the C Section. At least you’ll know exactly when it will happen and can prepare in advance for what you’ll need afterwards. It’s good to be prepared.

Rob October 5, 2006 at 8:26 am

Ok… even I’m sitting here going, that’s really fucked up.

DD October 5, 2006 at 8:52 am

I had the same worries (hubby = balloon head). Of course you could skip over the addicting vice and just opt for a elective c-section….har-de-har.

SSFB October 5, 2006 at 9:36 am

I hear ya. My husband was also a 10+lb-er and often jokes about how he had to be “excised” from his mother. Hoping someday to have a kid I don’t find this funny at ALL.

devilok October 5, 2006 at 10:33 am

Suck it up…don’t be such a girl. :)

MsPrufrock October 5, 2006 at 10:57 am

My brother has a large head, a “virtual planetoid” as we quote from So I married an Axe Murderer. I was terrified that my fetus would have the same, and feared bad tearing of the vaganus variety.

Luckily the kid was early and has a normal sized head. I like to think the poon could have handled a full-term baby head, but I’m not quite sure.

Kudos to you for avoiding the potential of vaganus.

jen October 6, 2006 at 10:23 am

My child was teeny. Itty bitty. I had a c-section because I was overdue and she just was NOT coming out the other way. I looked at her itty bitty head and STILL thought “Oh thank GOD I had a c-section!” Because, really, anything in that general area larger than say, a penis, is just out of the question. For me anyway! LOL

Shelly October 6, 2006 at 11:42 am

Just don’t get too confident about the scheduled c section. I was scheduled for a c-section at 38 and 1/2 weeks along. I went into labor at 37 and 1/2 weeks. PACK A BAG EARLY. I was lucky to grab my toothbrush and a gown. Don’t wait on the bag packing.

linda October 6, 2006 at 2:01 pm

I hear you on wanting a c-section. I am SO THERE! Vaganus? **ouch!**

fran October 6, 2006 at 2:45 pm

wow, do stupidity levels increase with every generation? cause, damn, that is some dumb ass shit to correlate…

Amanda October 10, 2006 at 2:30 am

I have had 2 natural deliveries and 1 emerg. section. I would MUCH rather have given birth than recovered from a section.