AK-47. Accept no substitues.

by statia on September 23, 2006

Over the last week, I’ve been entirely more stressed out than I need to be and more agro than I’ve been in a good long time. This could be that it’s the end of quarter at work, and let’s just say that it causes a lot of stress for me and it contributes to the agro Statia, making me more easily set off. What’s pissing me off besides slow drivers hogging the “HIV lane?”

People who think they are entitled. You know, I’m a fan of good customer service and all that. I’m a firm beliver that customer service these days has taken a nose dive off the Empire State Building. It’s just not how it used to be, thanks to everything being One Giant Corporation Company™. But people, you are NOT entitled to a discount. You don’t go into Macy’s and say “sell this to me for 25 bucks”. Because it just doesn’t work that way, yet when people are buying goods and services they EXPECT a discount. And when they demand this and expect that you give it to them, well, no wonder customer service is taking a shit. If you were a barista (because I just have to use the word barista at least once a day in my vocabulary) and a customer said to you, I want this Venti Iced Carmel Macchiato for 2.50, not 39.95, you’d tell them to shove the iced coffee up their ass because what makes you entitled to that discount and when everyone else has to pay full price?

Smoking in a no smoking area. Last night, we went to a local pub to play some pool and darts. Yes, I am pregnant, and I went into a bar (“you have a baby…in a BAR.”), but realize that there is no smoking in public places here. So I feel that it’s ok to go into a local pub to get my darts on. I like to throw sharp objects at things to release some steam. All of a sudden I smell smoke. Some jackass is standing right inside the doorway smoking. Not OUTSIDE like you’re supposed to. INSIDE. Do I be that dick and say something? Because you can’t reason with drunk people. So we left, as not to submit the fetus to second hand smoke. But it pissed me off, because just because I’m not drinking doesn’t mean I shouldn’t be able to be out and enjoy myself. Now, I’m not one of those bitchy people that complains about smoke when you’re in a public place that allows it. I’d go to bars all the time back in Philadelphia and my friends were all trying to be considerate about smoking in front of me as I’m mildly asthmatic. Which, I never once complained because I put myself in that situation. I was full aware that I was going into a smoke filled bar. But come on people, it’s been banned here for years. Don’t be that asshole.

I really need to lay off the crack pipe.

Donna September 23, 2006 at 10:55 am

Babies in bars are the new black. Since there is no smoking and all. Smokers are the biggest assholes.

Lisa September 23, 2006 at 10:49 pm

I wish I lived where smoking was banned in all public areas. Most places in Ohio are still smoking areas, which means 99% of the bars are smoke-filled. I don’t smoke, and if I want to enjoy a night out it’s next to impossible because I have to breathe ashtray air all evening. Which is why I stayed in the house the whole time I was pregnant. I had no choice because the smokers made the choice for me. Even walking into college classes, I had to go through a cloud of smoke to enter/exit the building. Pissy? You bet. Those jackasses may not have cared about their unborn baby (many pregnangt women out there puffing away,) but I did. So I pitched a bitching fit, and finally had one doorway I could use where they weren’t allowed to smoke.

On a totally different note, here’s a really, really belated congratulations.

Tracy September 23, 2006 at 11:17 pm

Just wait a few more months. If you think you’re agro now, wait until you’re totally uncomfortable, and somebody has the temerity to give you shitty half-assed service.

Lut C. September 24, 2006 at 12:28 pm

That’s it, no more shoot’em up video’s for you!

Chris September 24, 2006 at 2:53 pm

It’s the sense of entitlement that bugs the hell out of me too. People – can’t live with em, can’t mow them all down with automatic weapons fire because, frankly, there are way too many of ‘em.

Tonya September 24, 2006 at 3:18 pm

Yes, I can relate to that feeling! Since when does someone’s “right” to smoke override my right to breathe (relatively) unpolluted air? I hate it I go back home (Wyo) and the Smoking section of a restaurant is in one area, with assumably some kind of magic invisible wall keeping the smoke *only* in that part. Gimme a break!

Rant on, Statia! :-D

Tonya September 24, 2006 at 3:19 pm

(P.S. you can insert a “when” into that paragraph at will)

Pamela September 25, 2006 at 6:52 pm

In the words of Ford Fairlane : (Andrew “Dice” Clay)

“So many assholes, so few bullets…”