The fat lady… she might be practicing to sing.. (updated)

by statia on July 18, 2006

Symptoms are starting to wane. Tinge of very light brown blood (more of a taupe color really and only once). My best guess? It was a fun ride while it lasted. I’m trying to get in, but I’m not sure if they can squeeze me in. Now you can see why I called it, “it”. You know, being German and all.

I’m going to get the martini supplies out. Just in case.

Update:

They got me in for estrogen and progesterone tests, both of which are fine, but that’s it. They said to just keep monitoring it and they’re keeping my original u/s date for Thursday. This obviously doesn’t make me feel any better. Spotting is light, but it continues. GOD. Don’t they deal with paranoid bleedy women on a regular basis?

Jenn July 18, 2006 at 11:19 am

Hang in there, she hasn’t sung yet. *hugs*

maricar July 18, 2006 at 11:24 am

I’m totally rooting for you girl. I’ve spotted a bit during the beginning too. I hope they can squeeze you in just for a quick check-up. ((hugs))

Amy July 18, 2006 at 11:28 am

Hang in there, Statia. I hope she doesn’t sing for another 8 months!

amy t. July 18, 2006 at 11:29 am

You guys will be in my thoughts.

Faith July 18, 2006 at 11:29 am

Ugh. Hope it all works out, sista. (Some people spot all through their pregnancy, right? Not fun, but still possible…) I’ll be keeping you in my thoughts.

Mary Scarlet July 18, 2006 at 11:38 am

Nuhuh … hang in there. Rooting for you, and hoping its just one of those things. Statia, Statia … I’m thinking of you.

SJW July 18, 2006 at 11:44 am

Talked with Mama Shamole this morning and shared with her all the fun we had Sunday night. She asked me to tell you that you, hubby and “it” are all in her prayers.

linda July 18, 2006 at 11:49 am

I am so thinking about you. Please, please, plese hang in there.

If you truly think that thing are going south, please get thy butt to Dr. Pompy’s and ask for a beta, U/S and progesterone test. That’s what he is there for. And we’re here, too, for you. So please let us all know how you are doing.

Robber Barren July 18, 2006 at 1:07 pm

Shut up, bitch! (the fat lady, not you)

It could be nothing. Really, really, really. I’d call the doctor’s office ASAP for some tests (like Linda said) and just try to take it easy a bit. Contemplate the martinis, but don’t start mixing until you’re sure the aria’s over, ok?

donna July 18, 2006 at 1:16 pm

I know you know this, but the blood is brown, and that is a good thing. If it makes you feel any better, I am at five months, and I get that brownish spotting about once a week. Could have been left over from a recent pelvic exam? Maybe from sex? Supposedly the cervix does bleed more easily when you are pregnant so even straining to poop can cause spotting (no joke, my doctor made a point to tell me that!) Try to stay cautiously positive, as you have been. I’m thinking of you!

Where is that Dr. Pompy????

Lut C. July 18, 2006 at 2:01 pm

I hope those martini remain unopened for a long, long time to come. Hang in there.

robyn July 18, 2006 at 3:10 pm

Will be checking in on you often and cashing in all of my karma-chips for you. I did this with both of my boys, you probably remember. I know it doesn’t make you feel any better to hear about other people when it’s YOU it’s happening to… But things can still be ok. Love you, babe.

heather July 18, 2006 at 3:34 pm

I spotted in the first trimester too. All of the books I have read said not to even call the doc unless it lasts more than 24 hours. It is probably nothing… hang in there. I didn’t call the doc cuz it was gone by the afternoon. xoxo

Amy July 18, 2006 at 3:40 pm

Yes, I had that taupe spotting too, and some red blood. I stayed pregnant. Fingers crossed

Ornery July 18, 2006 at 3:42 pm

No one’s doing any singing, fat ladies or otherwise! I had spotting several times during my first trimester, and though each one scared the crap out of me, it ended up being nothing. But to be on the safe side, I hope you called Dr. Pompy!

Julie July 18, 2006 at 4:14 pm

This is NEVER helpful, but I’m doing it anyway: I had the same tinge, the same diminishing symptoms, and stayed pregnant with Charlie until 29w5d.

Hm, maybe that’s not that inspiring a story, really!

I hope yours is.

erika July 18, 2006 at 5:33 pm

I spotted early on, and a pretty good bit, too. It turned out to be subchorionac hematomas – blood clots, essentially. They reabsorb themselves back into the body as the pregnancy progresses… but I was told to take it easy until they did.

Thinking of you!

Tracy July 18, 2006 at 6:36 pm

Well, if it makes you feel better, I spotted for about 14 weeks – to the point that I thought my period was just whacked. I went in to my OB/GYN, only to find out I was actually pregnant. And that kiddo is now 12 years old. SO – don’t worry too much about the spotting.

Donna July 18, 2006 at 6:40 pm

I have no personal story to impart (sadly), but just wanted to throw all the karma chips I can afford to lose in your direction.

millie July 18, 2006 at 7:40 pm

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you. And hoping for very good news on Thursday.

Sara July 18, 2006 at 8:21 pm

Good luck! Had the same thing until about 13 weeks (11 weeks from conception) I think the cervix is very sensitive for awhile. Am now getting kicked from the inside as I write. Sending good thoughts your way.

Meg July 19, 2006 at 4:33 am

And from here, Statia.

Chris July 19, 2006 at 5:34 am

I’m crossing my fingers and my toes. If you can think of anything else to cross, let me know.

Lenni July 19, 2006 at 6:33 am

My thoughts are with you – I hope the fat lady is not doing any singing any time soon.

stephanie July 19, 2006 at 6:44 am

Statia-No fat ladies. No singing.

Hoping it is nothing. Thinking of you.

Jenny July 19, 2006 at 10:44 am

I hope everything goes well tomorrow. All the best.

Lisa July 19, 2006 at 11:32 am

I AM NOT SINGING.

I am instead thinking good thoughts and sending good karma your way.

Manuela July 19, 2006 at 2:20 pm

no, no, no, no, no

Just. No.

Do you hear me???? This is NOT happening.