“I walk around in the summertime saying how about this heat.”

by statia on July 23, 2006

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned that we have no central air. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned that it’s so fucking ungodly hot here in the south bay that it’s been making us really fucking cranky (current reading is 110°F at 7PM). Poor Miss M. has been getting sick from the heat and today we spent the majority of our holed up in our bedroom with a floor a/c unit. I was napping all nice in the “it will have to do” heat of our bedroom at a nice 84 degrees.

Until the fucking power went out.

We’ve been riding around looking for a connection to book a hotel because this is just fucking ridiculous. It’s not safe for us to stay inside with the temperature being this hot.

FUCK SUMMER!!

Lisa July 23, 2006 at 7:41 pm

You are such a dork, it’s wonderful.

Camille July 23, 2006 at 9:03 pm

That sucks that your electricity went out and cut off your a/c unit. 84 degrees…oh hell no! I couldn’t take it either.

robyn July 23, 2006 at 11:16 pm

Well I’m glad you’ve nixed moving to Florida then…

Mona July 24, 2006 at 1:30 am

Awww poor u Statis :(

We don’t hv central AC either and I regretted buying this home now coz we paid so much for a home in Benicia. We called Sears to hv someone come over to give us an estimate and what do u know! Their appt date is August 25 next mth! Yesterday was nice, we spent the whole afternoon at the mall in Concord but today? We were roasted and baked alive in our oven temp house! Costco ran out of air coolers too :( Oh yeah the temp was probably around 107.

skits July 24, 2006 at 3:12 am

Dude. :( That sucks!

Fuck summer right in the ass, man.

millie July 24, 2006 at 9:38 am

Shouldn’t we get better weather with our high housing costs? I mean that IS why we pay so much, right?

I left the south for a reason. THIS reason.

amber July 24, 2006 at 9:56 am

Dude, I hear ya. I’m 39 weeks prg and it’s 111 where I live (East Bay)….I’m still going to work everyday just so I can be in an air conditioned place. We do have air but it is too old to do any good so even at full blast the bedroom is about 80. I do thank God that we have not had a power outage …yet.

Linda July 24, 2006 at 10:12 am

110??? My god. It was cooler in Arizona yesterday! Like Millie, I left SoCal because of the heat. And now it’s followed me.

Faith July 24, 2006 at 11:19 am

My coworker and I decided today that we need to move somewhere where it’s always cold out. I’ve always wanted to live in Iceland, personally. But I think she was just kidding around. Maybe…

Fall is just around the corner. Football, cooler weather, life will be good again…

Robber Barren July 24, 2006 at 1:15 pm

Oh, fuck, seriously, I HATE the summer, and without A/C I think I’d just die. You poor things. Go buy a block of ice and take a nap on it…