bbq prepwork= ohmygoddididotoomuchorliftsomethingtooheavybecausenowihavecrampsandimfreakingout (or 8dpFET)

by statia on July 1, 2006

We’re having a little shindig for the 4th of July weekend today. Also kind of a “hey we moved and come see our new place because we don’t see you that often” party. It’s really just another excuse to eat and also for me to freak out because that means I have to do a lot of stuff in order to get ready for the party. Some stuff that I do on a regular basis and then other stuff that I don’t do on a regular basis, like cook. Cooking for a large group of people and making sure they’re entertained is something that I love to do, but the prepwork is just something that stresses me out. Will there be enough food, will our house look messy, is there enough chairs, can we get a tranquilizer dart for Miss M, because oh my god the anticipated barking is just making me insane, blahblahblarg.

Top this off with having to do more shit than I probably should be doing 8 days past FET, and just the slightest cramp makes me want to wrap myself in bubble wrap forever.

5 days until Beta.

millie July 1, 2006 at 12:40 pm

Just say the word and I’ll send you a case of bubble wrap. Hope the party goes smoothly and delegate as much as you can.

Meg July 1, 2006 at 3:43 pm

Statia – I hate hosting parties; I’ve written about it before… just the pressure of needing to AMUSE people, the sense of being on display.. (shudder).. glad it’s you and not me. Brave lady.

That said – back to perky now – I hope you have a lovely day and all goes swimmingly.

And that you find yourself somewhere in the vicinity of well and happy until beta day.

Chris July 1, 2006 at 5:28 pm

In the immortal words of Gertrude Stein, “slow the fuck down and don’t shoot the dog.”

Oh, come on…she could have said that, right?

Happy 4th :-)

Robber Barren July 2, 2006 at 6:30 am

Sit down, put your feet up, and let someone else do the bustling about. Then enjoy the party and remark on how quickly (ha!) the time has flown.

linda July 2, 2006 at 8:36 am

Can’t you turn it into a “potluck” so that you can have less stress? Ask everyone to bring a side dish, and you just make the main dish. :-)

J’s got two huge boxes of foam and bubble wrap. Just let us know if we can be of any assistance! ;-)

tracey July 2, 2006 at 9:38 am

Hang in there, Statia.

And, go potluck for Pete’s sake, you modern woman who does too much !

Happy party-

Tracey

Kathy July 2, 2006 at 5:36 pm

One word.

STICKAS.

suzie July 2, 2006 at 6:14 pm

hang in there. i’m thinking of you every day. are you tempted to cheat? only 2 more days.

i have everything possible crossed.

robyn July 3, 2006 at 5:00 pm

Don’t make me come over there…sit your arse down and REST! Thinking of you!