7 weeks

by statia on July 25, 2006

Despite the heat and Grandma and everything else, it appears that I am still pregnant. This to me is debatable (cue Debbie Downer) as I really don’t feel that bad. I have food aversions to a point. I go in stages where I want something, and then I eat it and it starts to lose its taste. I feel like I’m running out of food to eat. I have my more tired days and my not so tired days. I have my “look at my cheese induced pregnant thighs” to “wow, I feel really thin today.” I don’t really have any symptoms to speak of, save for the sore boobs. Shouldn’t I be puking my guts up? Shouldn’t I be so stupid exhausted that I can’t even keep my eyes open for more than mere minutes? I feel like a big fat pregnant poser.

I go back and forth between “yep I’m definitely pregnant,” to “i think it’s dead.”

Does this go on the entire pregnancy? Because my mind is already lost.

Melissa July 25, 2006 at 1:02 pm

Since I’ve been pregnant, am now 23 weeks, I have not been sick at all, not once. You could be a lucky one like myself. The only symptoms I have had, thus far, is the EXTREME tiredness (which went away after my first trimester….WOOO HOOO) and sore boobs!! You deserve to not be sick!! Just try to beat the heat!!

Jen-Again July 25, 2006 at 1:11 pm

OK- i know you probably don’t want to drive up to San Mateo, but I have an ultrasound machine at my disposal and I know how to use it. I do cardiac ultrasound, but it is the same machine that is used for pre-natal ultrasounds- just different transducer. I can see from about 8 weeks on with my transducer, and I would be happy to take a peak anytime you want reassurance.

Kelley July 25, 2006 at 1:30 pm

I’m delurking…

I’m 21wks prego and my symptoms were/are similiar to Melissa’s… I was super tired in my first trimester, and holy hell my boobs hurt. As for morning sickness, I’ve been one of the lucky ones – never got it. I have days that I don’t feel pregnant but I know I look pregnant because of my bulging belly and huge boobs.
Keep your head up girl – I have faith!

Jenn July 25, 2006 at 1:39 pm

I’ve got twins and had pretty much no symptoms. No vomitting, no sore boobs. I was tired, but I didn’t realize it until I stopped being tired. I didn’t “feel pregnant” until around 15 weeks when I was really showing. Even now, I wonder if they’ve up and died on me sometimes.

So yeah, it goes on the whole pregnancy. Enjoy!

T July 25, 2006 at 1:45 pm

Yep, I would agree that it goes on for the whole pregnancy, pierced by days of ‘fuck, there’s NO way I’m still pg’ panic-ette attacks. Or maybe that was just me.

First time here, I’m so sorry for your loss.

jen July 25, 2006 at 1:57 pm

I never got sick either. My boobs hurt, and then started to itch like mad, and I was pretty damned tired some days, but other than that, I have not felt pregnant until recently, and I am almost 38 weeks, so that goes without sayin’ LOL.

The tiredness really kicked in around 7/8 weeks. But you know, everyone is different.

I think anyone who has ever had a miscarriage goes through a pregnancy wondering that the WHOLE time. I know I did…

7 weeks! yay!!

mrsgryphon July 25, 2006 at 3:01 pm

I had no idea I was pregnant until we were 6 wks along already, since I had zero symptoms. It’s a blessing. When I hear about all the things women can go through, I thank my lucky stars. I was never sick, and really didn’t have any symptoms until about 9 wks, when I promptly fell asleep. I have no recollection of last July whatsoever. I’m told I went to work, but I couldn’t tell you what I did, I was THAT tired. Then, I woke up on August 6th, and didn’t have to take another nap until the week before the baby was born!

Jennifer July 25, 2006 at 3:18 pm

I didn’t puke at all when I was pregnant, save for the two times I dared to eat the Cocoa Pebbles I was craving – but that was in my THIRD trimester.

And I was on-and-off exhausted. It was never constant for me.

(And I was scared all the time too.)

Amy July 25, 2006 at 3:38 pm

I questioned the viability of my pregnancy A LOT until I started feeling it move. Then on the days it didn’t move as much, I got paranoid all over again. I think it prepared me well for parenthood. LOL

As everyone as has shown, everyone’s symptoms are different. You are still early enough in your pregnancy, though, that all the really “good” stuff is still to come. Or, you may be one of the lucky ones.

Robber Barren July 25, 2006 at 3:49 pm

My first puke was at 8.5 weeks, so fear not – you may still puke!

Oh, is that not what you wanted to hear?

Camille July 25, 2006 at 5:48 pm

I didn’t have any big symptoms with G either. I only got sick once and that was after taking one of my prenatal vitamins on an empty stomach. Whats going on with you sounds like how it went with me. I didn’t really eat a whole bunch, and for some reason I found that all I really wanted to eat was honey nut cheerios. I did have days where I was exhausted in the first trimester, the second trimester was better and I was tired again in the last trimester.

waiting line July 25, 2006 at 8:13 pm

for what it’s worth, I hope you puke soon if it makes you feel better! :-)

congrats!!

Lisa July 25, 2006 at 8:43 pm

Yay, 7 weeks!

robyn July 26, 2006 at 4:18 am

I hope you’re one of the lucky ones, but I didn’t get the hurls ’til week 8 with the first and ’til week 9 with the second. And then stand back… Seven! Whoo!

Amanda July 26, 2006 at 4:49 am

Just real quick…I read your “about” stuff and I SO sort my skittles by color and eat the crappy flavors first. You are the first person I have ever come across besides me who does this!!

Chris July 26, 2006 at 5:07 am

I have a penis so I’ve never actually been pregnant. But I, for one, was always nervous. My wife, who doesn’t have a penis and did in fact give birth to our daughter, was never sick once. So that’s not exactly a qualification.

MsPrufrock July 26, 2006 at 5:14 am

Here is where I get patronising and condescending, so prepare yourself.

The dead thoughts – they never go away. I spent my entire pregnancy looking for blood on the toilet paper, and often would have panic attacks if I didn’t feel the baby move constantly.

This apparently sneaks into motherhood as well, since I am convinced the baby has stopped breathing and must check her every 5 minutes. When I see she is still breathing, I convince myself that there is surely something else potentially fatal that I am missing.

Yep, thanks for fucking us up well and good infertility!

donna July 26, 2006 at 5:46 am

I was queasy but never actually got sick, and the sore boobs have yet to go away. The biggest thing for me was food aversions. Just like you, I would think I really wanted something, and then I’d get it, and be all “Eh, I don’t want this.” And I ate the hell out of popsicles because I couldn’t think of anything else to eat.

Oh and at 22 weeks, I still am convinced every time I go to the doctor that they won’t be able to find the heartbeat. It’s just like MsPrufrock says.

Erin July 26, 2006 at 6:01 am

I was never sick, not once, my entire pregnancy. In fact, if not for the weight gain and large belly, I would never have known I was pregnant.

I was pretty tired the first few weeks, but other than that, I had zero symptoms. Not even peeing more often, and I never had trouble sleeping, either. I think I was just lucky.

But then retribution reared its ugly head when I was in labor for 40 hours. That’s a whole different story.

Meira Voirdire July 26, 2006 at 6:20 am

I wasn’t nauseous for either of my pregnancies, but my allergies did get worse, and my gag reflex kicked up. With the twins, I was VERY VERY tired the whole time. With the singleton, I had virtually no symptoms.

Ms. Pants July 26, 2006 at 7:07 am

My mom had a consistent period for the first four months of her pregnancy with me. Not heavy, but spotty spot. She was tired and run down but not pukey. She had no idea she was knocked up and they were trying to get knocked up but she couldn’t get rid of the consistent period.

I know think I was poking something so that she’d stop eating whatever it was that pissed me off. Probably jello or water chestnuts.

Emma B July 26, 2006 at 9:39 am

I am almost 30 weeks with twins, and I never had too much in the way of nausea either (until now — they won’t let me eat any more, no stomach room left).

Feeling the baby(ies) move helps, but it doesn’t completely get rid of the irrational fears. The Doppler still makes me nervous, even when I’ve clearly felt both babies kicking literally minutes beforehand.

Tracy July 26, 2006 at 11:24 am

I didn’t puke, but felt like it a few mornings in the weeks before I actually found out I was pregnant. But then there was pretty much nothing other than tiredness until I could SEE her move. When they get big enough for you to feel them moving, sometimes it’s hard to tell if that’s really what it is, or if it’s just gas ;-)

fertilityfauxpas July 26, 2006 at 12:31 pm

Count me in as a non-puking, non-sore boob having, symptomless pregnant woman too. There is always something to worry about, no matter what trimester you are in. But, I read all the other pregnant after IF blogs and it seems like everyone sort of goes through the same stages. Somehow that helped me feel better.

Manuela July 26, 2006 at 12:55 pm

You know that we are basically the same person right now, don’t you?

girl July 26, 2006 at 5:35 pm

I don’t know if I’m just stupid or what, but I can’t find your e-mail address anywhere, so e-mail me, please! :)

Stephanie July 26, 2006 at 6:44 pm

with this pregnancy I did not get really sick until 9-10 weeks. And at 16.5 weeks I still have DBTs. and I am MORE tired now than I was in the first tri. I think that all of pregnancy is a big mind-f*ck. Take a deap breath and try and enjoy the ride. and NBHHY!!!

Kathy July 26, 2006 at 8:18 pm

Yes. It goes on until you see the baby come out of your insides. Then when they’re out, you worry that he/she will die their sleep. You will forever, be wondering if your kid is still alive.

*goes to check*

gutterfly July 27, 2006 at 4:23 am

Hiya, I’m a new reader and usually a lurker but I just wanted to weigh in here..I had my first child with no fertility issues and it took 10 yrs to get pregnant the second time.I felt the same way you’re feeling now,BOTH TIMES.I think it’s normal to worry through the whole pregnancy and I don’t know why it’s not more talked about.Maybe it’s because when the baby is born everything else we’ve been through kind of fades into the background.I was sick the entire time with my first and not once did I toss my cookies with the second.
I also have to agree that it doesn’t change after the baby is born,my son is almost 2 and I still check to make sure he’s breathing sometimes.(It does wear off a little,I guess.I don’t check on my 12 yr old like that but I do remind her not to use the hairdryer next to the open toilet)