what do you get when you cross no central air with hot as sweaty nutsack weather?

by statia on June 19, 2006

If you guessed a Statia that is beyond cranky, you would be right. I grew up with a/c. I don’t know life without it. Ok, not entirely true, as our last apartment didn’t have it, however it didn’t need it. It’s always in the northern peninsula.

The move is finally over, save for the last few things that are at our old apartment. Just a small car load, a quick vacuum and we’ll be out of there.

The unpacking part is hellish. I’m of the mind that the sooner you get it done, the sooner you’ll be able to enjoy your new place for a while. You’ll think of all the cool things you can buy. “Ooh, that console table would fit perfectly in the entrance hallway”, or “That is the most PERFECT vase for over the fireplace.” All while trying to keep it clean for at least the first five minutes, until the novelty wears off and you don’t care anymore. What’s a little extra dirt on the floor, that’s what the dogs are there for. Yeah, so the unpacking? Not going as fast as I’d like. Also, did I mention that we’re STILL not finished painting? I have this running list of chores in my head that need to be done, but they’re in there in ADD fashion so I think of things and forget because I think of something else, which is exactly how I unpack. It’s a wonder we even have the furniture arranged.

FET is on Friday.

I think I picked the wrong week to start weaning off the meds.

Manuela June 19, 2006 at 9:18 pm

Weaning off the meds??? NOW!???? Are you MAD?!

Robber Barren June 20, 2006 at 3:44 am

Hon, we moved in SEPTEMBER and we’re still not done unpacking. You’re in good shape, as far as I’m concerned.

Molly June 20, 2006 at 4:23 am

My husband calls that kind of weather “crotchy.”

Apt, no?

tracey June 20, 2006 at 4:59 pm

It takes us a year, really, a year, to unpack. That doesn’t even count hanging pictures up.

Good wishes to you for Friday.

Tiffanni June 20, 2006 at 5:17 pm

Ugh…good luck with the unpacking. It sucks, but I always thought it was better than PACKING.
I hope you get things situated and start enjoying your new digs.

linda June 21, 2006 at 12:47 am

Jesus christ girl! You’re doing a FET on Friday and you’re still not unpacked!?!?! Can’t you just stop right now and let the meester finish up? God, we moved during our first IVF cycle…I hope that you really do try to take it easy.

Oh and hot weather? Yes, we’re in Los Gatos where it’s 10 degrees hotter than everywhere in the valley. If it ever gets too chilly for you over in your area, come on over. ;-)

Chris June 21, 2006 at 6:52 am

Lack of an AC would make me one cranky cactus. Good luck.

April June 21, 2006 at 8:43 am

We’re still dodging cardboard boxes in the hallway.

I just keep hoping they’ll finally give up and unpack themselves.

Amyesq June 21, 2006 at 11:43 am

Dude, two days to unpack as much as possible. That suuuucks. But you will feel so damn good come Friday (well, aside from some possible uterine cramping) when you are mostly unpacked and painted and you can spend the whole scorching weekend eating ice cream and demading that The Meester go and purchase all modes of elaborate fans.

thalia June 21, 2006 at 1:20 pm

Goodness woman, you are really putting yourself through it. Moving and no ac would be destroying me at the best of times, let alone when hyped up on hormones. I hope you get enough stuff unpacked, and the ac set up before friday.

Ornery June 21, 2006 at 1:35 pm

Holy crap, do I feel for you. With 90+ degree weather in the south bay, this is just not the time you want to leave the cool breezes of the peninsula.

Good luck with the rest of the move and with the FET!

KIMMER June 22, 2006 at 7:51 pm

A move and a FET? Brave woman, hope all went well.

Lenni June 23, 2006 at 7:58 am