Made with 100% real dork.

by statia on June 8, 2006

I have a confession to make.

I hate myspace. I don’t get it. Maybe I’m considered a bitch or a snob because I refuse to get on the myspace bandwagon. I think it’s blogging for retards. I’ve had my own domain and my own blog for so long, that for me, it’d be considered going backwards. It IS going backwards as far as I can see. Sure sure, it’s great for networking and connecting you say. But fucking hell, if you’re using that for networking with all of the damn blinkies, bad backgrounds and embedded music, it wouldn’t surprise me if no one wanted to talk to you. I mean, maybe it’s me, but when did bad graphics from 1997 come back into style? Myspace is like an imposter blog.

And chances are, if you have a myspace account, I will make fun of you.

There, I’ll sleep better tonight now.

Merrin June 8, 2006 at 9:28 pm

Thank God. I thought it was just me.

Jen June 8, 2006 at 10:22 pm

Good to know that I am not alone!

While I do know a few educated and very decent people who have places on myspace, for the most part it seems to attract the lowest forms of human life that one can imagine.

Erin June 9, 2006 at 3:41 am

I hate it too. Especially for adults. If you’re 15, fine. Otherwise, get off it.

Alison June 9, 2006 at 4:41 am

Hahahahaha, I totally agree with you, yet I still have a Myspace page. I can’t help it, I’m a loser. I only use the blog thing to fill out quizzes though.

Jenn June 9, 2006 at 5:25 am

I couldn’t agree more.

Shannon June 9, 2006 at 5:26 am

I’ve got a Myspace thing but that’s only because my teenagers have one and I want to be able to keep tabs on them. If any of my friends find me on MS I always direct them to my *real* blog :)

Jadewolff June 9, 2006 at 5:30 am

I totally have a myspace that I go to like once every 2 months! I’ve never blogged on it and I’ve been told that it has a very “default” look (I refuse to bother with the skins and HATE HATE HATE the music that pops up on every freaking page). But, when you have one good friend that bugs you forever and then end up making a few other friends that have it you can’t help but bother with it every now and then.

DD June 9, 2006 at 6:28 am

Apparently everything from ’97 is coming back in style: haircuts, jeans, music, etc.

My husband created an acct there and when I saw this email to him from “JennyLovesToMeetMen” I flipped my lid. Sluts.

Now, if there I could find myself a cabana-boy in My Space, I might change my mind about how much it sucks.

girl June 9, 2006 at 7:02 am

hahaha. my husband has an account. the only good thing that has come out of it is that he ended up finding a few of his old high school buddies that he hadn’t been able to keep in touch with. everyone in his high school was really close b/c they went to a “giftie” school for math, science, and the arts. yeah, my husband was one of those kids.

anyway, I refuse to get on myspace too. I think it’s pointless. I have a hard enough time updating my regular blog.

Some Girl June 9, 2006 at 7:07 am

Word.

geeky June 9, 2006 at 7:16 am

myspace is crap. and i don’t feel bad saying it. BUT it is fun to spy on people i know on myspace :)

ps. Vox is kinda like myspace for cool people

Amy June 9, 2006 at 7:22 am

I felt this way for the longest time, but I’ve reconnected with several people from my past that I would have never found if not for MySpace! I still think it’s lame as hell and I only use it to look for people or have people find me… and the occasional dorky meme bulletin. It doesn’t replace blogging, that’s for sure.

Chris June 9, 2006 at 7:39 am

You’re a brave person. Thank you! I don’t get it either!!

Lenni June 9, 2006 at 7:45 am

I completely agree. I friggin’ hate myspace. I like spying on people on myspace, but I can’t stand the retarded music they try to force me to listen to or the horrible horrible looking backgrounds. die myspace! die!

amy t. June 9, 2006 at 7:46 am

Thank you! Whenever people say they are on myspace and ask for my myspace name or whatever, I usually snort with a superior laugh and respond with, “I have a real website, thankyouverymuch.”

It is totally imposter blogging.

Faith June 9, 2006 at 11:50 am

I haven’t understood MySpace for a while now. I have one friend that has a blog through MySpace (she’s on my blogroll as Lotus Lounge), and I can’t comment on her blog posts since I’m not a member.

I refuse to become one just so I can comment on her posts.

I haven’t tooled around in it enough to make any comments of its design, or what have you, but I can say that I agree with you on the “I don’t get it” bit. Because I don’t. I can say that it’d be interesting to see the stats on the loss of income from sites like eHarmony, Match.com, and Yahoo! Personals since MySpace has become such a big hit. They must be hurtin’ a bit…

Donna June 10, 2006 at 12:23 pm

I feel superior too!

Donna June 10, 2006 at 12:24 pm

I also wanted to say MySpace is to blogging what AOL is to the internet. Not.the.real.thing.

Amyesq June 12, 2006 at 8:52 am

Yes. So true.

girl June 12, 2006 at 10:41 am

I have a confession to make. purely out of curiousity’s sake, I logged on with my husband’s name and went searching for high school people last night. holy shit. there are a ton of people on there that I went to high school with and most of them look like total dorks. the majority of them haven’t gone more than a few hundred miles away from our hometown and one of them has THREE kids already. good god. we’re not even 10 years out of high school yet. I can’t even imagine having a brood already.

Beth June 13, 2006 at 8:53 am

Here, Here! Its the betamax of blogging.

Janet June 14, 2006 at 11:53 am

Myspace is so stupid.

(But I do have one.)

I should really cancel it because I couldn’t agree with you more.

ciz June 14, 2006 at 1:44 pm

oh yeah baby, “i’m a loser baby, so why don tyou just kill me ” hahhaha
if it wasn’t for myspace i would still be friendless in CA so myspace is cool enough in my book, you just dont talk to the lowlifes/crackheads/hookers…
but sure to check me out but you can only comment if you have a myspace set up lol

meegan June 14, 2006 at 5:59 pm

afuckingmen.

robyn June 14, 2006 at 7:14 pm

What’s even worse is when people use “myspace” as a verb or adjective.

Dusty June 15, 2006 at 1:15 pm

LMAO..bloggin for retards..you got it sista!

Natalie June 16, 2006 at 5:14 am

I hate that they call each entry “a blog.” “POST A NEW BLOG!” Shut up, that’s stupid.

I don’t really blog on myspace; I had a domain that I let go. No need to blog. I do love it though, and may be slightly addicted. My classmates and I leave each other notes on there about where to meet up, I talk to friends I hadn’t talked to in years and then they come visit me, all kinds of stuff. It’s fun. I embrace the dorkiness.