The great sticker book search

by statia on May 24, 2006

I feel like my creativity is lacking. I feel like infertility has sucked the life out of my creative side lately. I haven’t said much because I feel like everything out of my mouth comes with razor sharp bitterness, and now that I’ve started on lupron, I feel as if that’s only going to get worse in the coming weeks. Our FET is in the works. No final schedule yet, but I’ve been quiet about it.

My days lately are filled with ignorant bliss of babies, kids and pregnancy. I check in on my infertile bitches. I couldn’t be more tickled for you. And that’s coming with true honesty. But it’s limited to what I can handle right now, and I know of all people, they understand. I feel like a bitch, but I’ve kind of closed myself off to a lot of people. I don’t WANT to hear about how your kid took their first steps, or how tired you are from chasing them all day, or your lack of sleep from the constant teething. Or how much my life will change if I do have kids. Because right now, it’s not looking like good odds in my favor.

I spend my days scouring the internet for sims custom content, vintage stickers on ebay, and a god damned sticker book. Jesus tits, do you know how hard it is to find a freaking sticker book like the ones that we had as kids? Everything now screams out: I’M A GAY STICKER BOOK WITH NO PERSONALITY. I spend my days talking to my IM buddy about things like cheese, food, alcohol, cheese, cheese, bad movies, cheese and pooping. I also make her listen to extremely detailed recaps of my stupid ass dreams.

It’s time to continue my search for a sticker book.

Vanessa May 25, 2006 at 2:39 am

Yup. I too have people now that I can only read on those special days, when I have upped my dosage and combined with at least a litre of alcohol.

Doesn’t mean I’m not ecstatic for them, it just means that I’ve got days that are harder than others to say: Congratulations. If you’ll excuse me, I just saw a tumbleweed flow through my uterus.

Meg May 25, 2006 at 5:27 am

I hope you find that sticker book. I am tring to put together a resource where all the bloggers who are cycling are listed so that we can direct the love appropriately (!) Would you like your FET to be listed there? Let me know if you do. It’s at cyclesista.blogspot.com if you want to have a look first. :)

Cory May 25, 2006 at 5:48 am

At least it’s not extremely detailed recaps of your bowel activity. Or is it dreams thereof?

Molly May 25, 2006 at 6:29 am

Poor Statia.

I had a few chunks of Dill Havarti this morning just for you.

geeky May 25, 2006 at 7:12 am

i am so going to look for my sticker book next time i’m at my parents house.

geeky May 25, 2006 at 7:13 am

also, what’s up with the period nipple?

linda May 25, 2006 at 9:33 am

Oh geez. You’ve started lupron? So you’re on your way. I am curious about your embryo transfer from Dr. Moustache to Dr. Next. I’ve now got my own reasons to maybe move my embryos…I think Dr. Moustache is being vindictive in not reading my latest test results form DB’s…and would love to hear about how such a thing is orchestrated.

Kathy May 25, 2006 at 1:16 pm

i will find an effin sticka book if it kills me.

Beth May 25, 2006 at 4:39 pm

What about Mrs. Grossman’s for a sticker book? Hmm, they don’t have the way cool one I used to have back in the day where the stickers were removable though. Here’s a pseudo old school one. Okay still looking , but you’ve given me something to occupy my time with. Methinks they have some cool ones at the stationers by my house – I’ll go check it out for ya.

P.S. Love the new look!

Dania June 1, 2006 at 9:03 am

Ummm how freaky is this? I was just talking to my sister about the sticker books we had as kids and all the scratch and sniff stickers were the bomb. I said “I still have mine you know”…she totally didn’t believe me and I uploaded them to flickr this morning to show her! The date is even on it…1984. lol

It seen much better days i’m afraid.

Of course I uploaded them all wrong.