I’m sticking my head in the sand. No news is good news. Well what if I can’t HEAR the news?

by statia on April 27, 2006

I’ve found myself starting to feel better lately. The black cloud of the last month has started to part. I’ve started laughing again. Even despite getting a PRICE LIST in the mail for our FET, when all of the wording in our contract makes it sound like the FET’s are included in our cycle. And even despite the awful call with Dr. Moustache last week. We got the rental house after a lot of going back and forth with the future landlord about why he should pick us over the other 4 highly interested families. He picked us. To me this is a sign of hopefully good things to come. I’m anxiously looking forward to moving. We’ll be further from work, but closer to friends. That’s what matters to me more. We’ll have a yard for the dogs. A guest room AND an office. This place is perfect for us.

Yet, aside of my happiness over these little things, I’m walking around in my la la la kind of state. I’m just now catching up on blog reads. I see a lot of heartache and sadness. It was so refereshing to hear about tales like Mille’s and Akeeyu’s. I felt like we as a collective group were starting to have a change of luck. Things were looking up. Two people that completely deserved their two lines are now suffering from devastating losses. The more I kept reading, the more bad news I saw.

And you know what?

I got fucking pissed off. Every foul word that I could muster was swirling around in my head. I wanted to punch things. I’m just so fucking angry for these women. They all deserve a break. I wanted to share in their happiness, even if my own situation didn’t pan out.

I just can’t stand the heartache. The rainy days have gone, the clouds have parted. Can’t we all just get a god damned break? Because I’m afraid to click on another link.

I know that some of you aren’t in the mood to laugh, but if you are, just to lighten the mood. Go listen to some really good points from Jim Gaffigan about hot pockets.

coloratura April 27, 2006 at 12:00 pm

I so know what you mean… but… I am really hoping that Linda’s number is up. And if not her, someone’s number is going to be up. Statistically, it’s got to happen. Maybe it will be you…! Glad you’re feeling better.

millie April 27, 2006 at 1:21 pm

Yay for getting the house! A little over three years ago we were lucky enough to be picked by a landlord for a house with a doggy door and a big yard. That we now own! Good things are coming for you.

I so hope that the tide starts turning again. It’s hard to read so much bad news right now.

Ornery April 27, 2006 at 3:10 pm

This has been such a hard week in the IF world. I feel the anger, too…so pissed off that so much shit is happening to some of the best people in the world.

Linda April 27, 2006 at 11:03 pm

The tide has got to turn, and soon.

skits April 28, 2006 at 3:19 am

I’m glad you guys got the house.

This is kind of off-topic, but kind of on. I remember thinking a while back that I was so glad that you found all these other women who knew exactly what you were going through…and I’m glad they found you, too. The support and love that you guys give each other in good times and bad is really an amazing thing to see. Seriously. I’ve not seen anything like it.

Z. Hendirez April 28, 2006 at 4:50 am

Jim Gaffigan is one of the best, right up with Lewis Black and Mitch Hedberg.

geeky April 28, 2006 at 5:27 am

hooooot pockets! jim gaffigan is funny, but he’s no dane cook.

also, how weird is it that i sorta know that guy who’s website you linked to for the hot pockets standup?

Stephanie April 28, 2006 at 6:49 am

i am glad the clouds are clearing. i hope the sun come up soon! but there will still be cloudy days. let’s shoot the weatherperson.

the new place sounds great! congrats.

thalia April 28, 2006 at 7:30 am

It’s hard to break out of the post-cycle blues, isn’t it? And all the bad news has been really tough over the last few weeks. Nothing we can do except to keep soldiering on.

Hoping that the lovely new house will put a gloss on things.

amy t. April 28, 2006 at 7:44 am

fluuuuuuush pockets!

That seriously made my day the other day. I’ve saved the link so that whenever I have a crap day I can listen to Jim wonder about the Hot Pocket Hot Pocket.

Donna April 28, 2006 at 1:13 pm

I can totally see your Meester talking about Hot Pockets for at least 5 minutes. Talk about salt in the wound…here’s a bill for the cycle we just did that failed. Gah.

robyn May 2, 2006 at 10:58 pm