I’m not addicted. I can stop anytime. Really.

by statia on April 18, 2006

Anyone think it’s a little over the top that I bought a brand new PC, just so I can play the sims?

Yeah, this is pretty much my life for the last two weeks. Throwing myself into sims construction. Retail therapy was getting too expensive.

skits April 19, 2006 at 4:02 am

You have a Sims problem, Statia! *points*
hee. I’m totally jealous of your new pc. I want one sooo badly–and that’s exactly why I want one–for which to play The Sims 2. hehehe.

geeky April 19, 2006 at 6:03 am

what did you get? and what better reason to buy a new computer than for playing sims?

Molly April 19, 2006 at 6:35 am

Oh, my dearest. I UNDERSTAND. The Sims 2 kept crashing my computer, and I finally had to settle for the GameCube version (even though you can’t procreate with the GameCube version — and if I can’t get pregnant, I like to live vicariously through my Sims, damn it!). It was a sad day.

Froglegs April 19, 2006 at 6:49 am

I love Sims! I can’t play it until everyone’ asleep though– I’d never spend time with them if I did!

millie April 19, 2006 at 8:24 am

You are exactly the kind of person we LOVE around my house. Of course we don’t think it’s over the top at all.

(Sims 2 really does require a blazing machine, btw).

Keep the addiction going and keep doing your part to spread it.

Julie April 19, 2006 at 8:31 am

This is exactly why I refuse to play the Sims. :)

Amy April 19, 2006 at 10:25 am

I find that’s the best therapy too. Build a gorgeous house that is so non-functional that your characters pee on the floor because they can’t figure out how to squeeze past each other to get past the hall to the bathroom.

coloratura April 19, 2006 at 1:50 pm

oh my god, I wanna play now… especially if I can torture my little people…

Pamela April 19, 2006 at 2:56 pm

New game! LOL

jenny April 19, 2006 at 9:44 pm

I bought the deluxe box with sim coaster, theme park, city, golf, safari. Sims 2 was depressing me, my characters get pg so easily.

Your not an addict until you go to meetings.

girl April 20, 2006 at 7:03 am

we bought a new laptop that is on its way right now. as for the SIMS, I refuse to get sucked in! evil! :-P

Ornery April 20, 2006 at 2:36 pm

I don’t own Sims, but I played it once at a friend’s house and could see how it could become an addiction VERY quickly. I’m still a fan of retail therapy, but this seems like an appropriate alternative that won’t leave you bankrupt and homeless.

grace April 20, 2006 at 7:17 pm

Hi, long time lurker…love your blog.

But sorry to say, love the Sims more! Yes, I too, bought a new computer for my Sims, and frankly, I love everything about the Sims. Right now I’m trying to make a family go 10 generations without cheating!

Where else can you have alien babies?

Manuela April 20, 2006 at 8:13 pm

ummm… what or who are sims??

Linda April 20, 2006 at 8:27 pm

i think that anything you need to do to get through the hell that is IVF is just fine and dandy. a new computer? sure! why the hell not? dr. moustache is probably getting a new lexus thanks to all of us. so a new machine for you is definitely *not* over the top.

i started lupron today and i’m suprisingly pissed at how slow my machine is. i may have to zip over to best buy in a lupron-induced-mania and pick up the gateway convertible i’ve been ogling for months now.

Dylan April 24, 2006 at 4:34 pm

I love The Sims 2. I also bought a new computer so that I could play it until my heart’s contentment, which was usually all day and night. Then I went to college and left it home in favor of good grades… and thank god I did!